GTA V ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT Error

Having this ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT HERE FAILED INITIALIZATION problem. Fiddling around with settings.xml file in documents does not work and it's what usually advised to do on google. I've a clean licensed copy downloaded off steam, updated and all. Drivers are updated too. So, hope you guys know how to fix this because it doesn't let me connect to any server.

Single player and GTA Online works just fine. It only happens in GTMP

Edited by Mein_Fuhrer_Would_Be_Proud
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the error as well, but it appears that after multiple restarting it manages to resolve the issue. Though after my many attempts on trying to log in, I somehow had the feeling that if I give the map and server some time to load before I type in my login information, that it managed to go around the issue.

I have a nvidia gt650m and it doesn't support shadowplay. I'll try disabling any other overlays running though.

edit:

crash.png

It was me, windows 8.1, steam(overlay is disabled) and GTA V. I tried dx 11 and 10 and it still happens. At this point I have no clue about what to do. It doesn't matter which server it doesn't let me connect. Funny thing is single player and online works without a hitch so I'm so lost at this point.

Edited by Mein_Fuhrer_Would_Be_Proud