Things the community can do to grow bigger?

Libra

Just now, Rybyn said:

Just nothing going on outside that makes people want to leave interiors

MY POINT!! People need to be the change they want, if you want more exterior roleplay, you need to bring it yourself, start events yourself, small as they may be, roleplay is roleplay!

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

What can you do inside interiors that you can't outside of interiors, roleplay wise or script wise?

Nothing. It's just the same reason someone would want to go inside their own house rather than stand in their garden. Similarly, the only reason people would have to leave their house is to go shopping, go to work. or go to an event of some kind.

4 hours ago, Delinquent said:

Well if the server wants to grow admins should stop falsely banning people who speak the truth. It looks so suspect

Even if that's true, that comment will most likely be deleted.

Also for the streamer side of things, I don't think the server is in a good state to broadcast it to hundred/thousands of people. 

2 hours ago, Delinquent said:

Oh don't worry. There was a huge comment exposing them all so they deleted it and banned the member for trolling

You've just made this new account today, as far as I can tell you're just here to stir stuff up, we don't hide our verdicts to decisions and I'm unsure as to the exact incident you're referring to. You're clearly a disgruntled player who didn't like a decision an admin made and are now attempting to cause some drama. 

That isn't appreciated, as my signature says, anyone can feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open and I always happen to spend time talking to and addressing concerns from community members, even if I don't agree with their point of view all of the time. 

Edit by Nervous: Delinquent was Nevermore, I flagged his IP as spammer to IPBoard to avoid him ban evading easily with the same IP and it deleted all the messages from the new account. My bad!

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 3
On 11/23/2018 at 2:22 PM, BigDoubleOG said:

Stream it on twitch, connect famous twitchers give them some money to promote it on their channel, fastest way ever

I've streamed GTA:W from time-to-time, you do get the odd viewers who are interested.

Most GTA 5 RP servers that're exhibited by Twitch streamers are doing so with VOIP and there's a huge gap from what they deem "good roleplay" and what we would assume to be "good roleplay". 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Crocker said:

I've streamed GTA:W from time-to-time, you do get the odd viewers who are interested.

Most GTA 5 RP servers that're exhibited by Twitch streamers are doing so with VOIP and there's a huge gap from what they deem "good roleplay" and what we would assume to be "good roleplay". 

That's part of the problem. The Twitch streamers make roleplay out to be a big fun meme adventure, when in fact, the type of roleplay we want here is how you'd practically act in real life. Research is required for in-depth text roleplay as opposed to memeing around on a stream.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Crocker said:

I am talking about people who have 100k + followers, plus I didn't mean it streaming the gameplay like a vlog, just a one time video with the subject ''promoting'' If you represent gtaw with a good video, believe me you attract players.

I do think the learning curve is a bit steep for the new player. Not because of the systems per se, but there's a definite "server culture" about how things are done around here that takes some time to get used to. What about having some sort of system that marks accounts that are new for the first X hours in some way on their name, so people know that the person might need help, or might not know where to look for people?

It also allows for players to take novices under their wing rather than complain that all the noobs spend their time in X or Y.

Final Fantasy XIV's novice system comes to mind, and how new characters get a little sprout icon:

dc92bd9a97f91e1c95dc817a9c1e7412d9f4f549_79.png

Edited by Koko