Things the community can do to grow bigger?

Libra

On 11/23/2018 at 8:31 AM, Rhea said:

Never seen a GTAW advertisement anywhere before, but then again where do people who want to roleplay on gta servers go? Other communities. There's not exactly a middle ground other than rage etc.

Roleplay Headquarters, as well as other RP community boards for games. For example:

https://www.eso-rp.com/  

https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/

...and so on. We could do with a promotional post on MMO RP community forums, it'd have to be nicely done though.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:31 PM, Koko said:

I do think the learning curve is a bit steep for the new player. Not because of the systems per se, but there's a definite "server culture" about how things are done around here that takes some time to get used to. What about having some sort of system that marks accounts that are new for the first X hours in some way on their name, so people know that the person might need help, or might not know where to look for people?

It also allows for players to take novices under their wing rather than complain that all the noobs spend their time in X or Y.

Final Fantasy XIV's novice system comes to mind, and how new characters get a little sprout icon:

dc92bd9a97f91e1c95dc817a9c1e7412d9f4f549_79.png

This is a wonderful idea, I love this. Perhaps expand this to the suggestions area?

I go around role playing and meeting people a lot, and naturally you form a hard-skin. For most players this is fine, but new players this is a bit daunting. When ever I learn someone is new I often go all soft on them and try to help them out, but I worry that because I don't know their new, I and others may seem a bit daunting. 

It's time to attract new players who understand the basic idea of roleplaying. They'll learn everything else here, on the server. But basically, it's important to invite completely new people to the roleplay scene, not only us who have been around for years. Because that new people might bring some new, fresh ideas that could be fun. Nothing wrong with new things. 

1 hour ago, TeodoraMk said:

It's time to attract new players who understand the basic idea of roleplaying. They'll learn everything else here, on the server. But basically, it's important to invite completely new people to the roleplay scene, not only us who have been around for years. Because that new people might bring some new, fresh ideas that could be fun. Nothing wrong with new things. 

It might be healthy for the numbers, but we believe in quality over quantity here. Other servers may have hundreds of players but out of that member base how many people are within the heavy roleplay bracket? Very few.

Whilst we’re very accommodating to new players, the server is what it claims to be. Heavy roleplay is not something we tend to take lightly, we enforce heavy roleplay standards and people choosing to sign up to our community are acknowledging that standard (which is very big and bold on our UCP page.)

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Maca said:

It might be healthy for the numbers, but we believe in quality over quantity here. Other servers may have hundreds of players but out of that member base how many people are within the heavy roleplay bracket? Very few.

Whilst we’re very accommodating to new players, the server is what it claims to be. Heavy roleplay is not something we tend to take lightly, we enforce heavy roleplay standards and people choosing to sign up to our community are acknowledging that standard (which is very big and bold on our UCP page.)

Yeah, absolutely. I'm not going for lowering the high standards of this server. I'm just saying that except, players that have been around roleplay servers for years, there might be some other players, but still know what heavy roleplay is and can be up to our standards here. 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...