Things the community can do to grow bigger?

Libra

On 1/10/2019 at 9:39 AM, PandaGaming said:

To be honest, making the applications easier it's a good option in my opinion. I mean not making it totally easy but yeah.. give players the ability to join the server in an easier name and let them learn roleplay from the experience, like most of us have learned roleplay.

In the meanwhile, if they accepted there should be a program to admins to spectate them often or something else to make sure they're actually learning... they can also help them with the standards and such.

App is fairly easy if you know RP basics and English. Back when i was a tester, most of denied apps by me were people with bad English. I didn't even read through if i see some awful English in the first answer it's a no from me. 

Don't know if this was mentioned here, but the lack of publicity is one issue. I've come across so many different GTA V roleplayed and streamers who have never heard of our community, believe it or not. RAGE is a fairly new client in comparison to the rest, and I think the community requires more publicity and has to create awareness for those who take interest in roleplay. How? dunno im just pointing it out menk. u decide

Just to add on to the bit about people not being supported in their roleplay because its different, revolutionary, or not of the norm. If a player is trying to do something and it's gaining a following, I believe it should be supported if the player can show results and evidence of what the RP is doing for the server in a positive light.  

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only one who's not exactly worried about the size of the community? ? Like, I feel like numbers are picking up and the community is growing on a daily basis. GTAV is still a killer specwise for a lot of people who don't have gamer PCs. Just give it time...

As for making the application process easier...please don't. I think it's very much possible to get accepted and there is no point in having 50 more players every day who only have a brief understanding of what the server rules are. 

MAYBE, maybeeee, invest in Google Ads or something since I was literally unable to find this server when googling for GTAV RP servers. 

1 hour ago, OfficerCode3 said:

Am I the only one who's not exactly worried about the size of the community? ? Like, I feel like numbers are picking up and the community is growing on a daily basis. GTAV is still a killer specwise for a lot of people who don't have gamer PCs. Just give it time...

As for making the application process easier...please don't. I think it's very much possible to get accepted and there is no point in having 50 more players every day who only have a brief understanding of what the server rules are. 

MAYBE, maybeeee, invest in Google Ads or something since I was literally unable to find this server when googling for GTAV RP servers. 

We definitely don't need to "advertise" more at the moment. We're going at 100+ applications a day these past days and we need to make sure we can control quality.

Sometimes quantity decreases quality. I feel like the application process is right on, if it was too easy it would be really hard to manage the aftermath of the lack of RP. An average of 200 players is pretty good in my opinion, the server and the team have to grow as the player count increases, going high in numbers too fast would disrupt the team efficiency as well.

For sure, more players EVENTUALLY will be nice. There's nothing better than a booming map when it comes to RP.

However, the last thing that needs to happen is a huge influx of new players which is detrimental to the server, it's stability and the infrastructure set up.

You can see from just looking at the applications count on the UCP that the server is growing steadily and hastily. 

The best way for a community to succeed is through word of mouth through decent and established roleplayers. People whom roleplay well continuing to do so and passing this on to the newer players so a cycle can form. 

If we all focus on providing GREAT roleplay for whomever we have, whether it's 10 players or 100 players. Those players will then do so for newer players and those newer players will get hooked and the cycle will continue.

In closing though, this seems to be exactly how it is going from my short time here and thus I can't see anything else happening than it growing!