Things the community can do to grow bigger?

Libra

8 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

Honestly, I think they're doing fine. Else we'll end up with an LSRP v2 with an incredibly low standard of RP from a server that requires whitelisting.

Instead of making it easier, perhaps make some educational youtube videos for the ones that are being denied that they could watch.

RP Basics, rule basics, driving and whatnot.

I'd honestly hate it to turn into LS:RP v2 post 2016, but that's not what I'm getting at. You'll get bad apples everywhere, but that should be administrated in-game. Youtube videos won't help, as people don't find role-playing guides interesting. They learn by experiencing it in-game. That's how I learned to role-play.

Just now, NathanC said:

I'd honestly hate it to turn into LS:RP v2 post 2016, but that's not what I'm getting at. You'll get bad apples everywhere, but that should be administrated in-game. Youtube videos won't help, as people don't find role-playing guides interesting. They learn by experiencing it in-game. That's how I learned to role-play.

Yeah, but leaving a ton of inexperienced people around will drive the experienced people away. This is a haven for the experienced roleplayer, and we enjoy it because we know everyone is experienced. Inviting the inexperienced would offset that balance, and honestly if they want to roleplay they can always start out on a lighter RP server and come join us when they feel ready.

To be honest, making the applications easier it's a good option in my opinion. I mean not making it totally easy but yeah.. give players the ability to join the server in an easier name and let them learn roleplay from the experience, like most of us have learned roleplay.

In the meanwhile, if they accepted there should be a program to admins to spectate them often or something else to make sure they're actually learning... they can also help them with the standards and such.

15 hours ago, NathanC said:

I'm going to touch on the specific question.  

Don't force things, play the server to enjoy it. Don't focus on the player base growing, as time passes and the server continues to be developed and promoted, the player base will grow. Servers in the past have become successful due to pure patience. Another thing I would like to touch on and disagree with, is, the application process. It's not appealing to a player who just wants to play a game, who wants to go through a 20 minutes application just to role-play? An application should just be to make sure you have basic English skills, RP understanding and rule understanding. You shouldn't administrate and judge people on their role-playing ability via an application stage, it should all be done in-game. 

The problem is that whilst it may be idealistic to have an application phase where we can trust people to actually be honest about being fluent English speakers and a high standard of roleplay quality, it is somewhat unrealistic in reality. Experience in this field comes from our past as a server; we tried to make the application process as easy as possible in the past and we received an influx of problem after problem from abysmal roleplay standards. The admin team isn’t really responsible for playing a cat and mouse game with bad roleplayers and poor English speakers unfortunately. 

You and I came from a server where decent role players were only within a certain clique. You’d have to more or less fit into their little group to solidify your chances of having a decent interaction otherwise you were going to encounter a demotivating scenario which will most likely push you into leaving or taking a break.

We have learnt from the past in regards to quality and quantity. We now and will in the future be favouring quality over quantity and if players are unwilling to dedicate their time (it takes about 15 minutes, if that) to fill out the application process then that already screams out alarm bells that there’s a high chance that they’re lazy roleplayers too.

EDIT: We understand that the players may feel that the admin team is here to ensure that people are being quality roleplayers but realistically, we are also here to roleplay. We don’t have enough time in the day to be sat here day after day and expected to monitor players because they “should be learning how to roleplay.” That would just make those in the admin team lose out on any chances of roleplay in their free time too. @PandaGaming

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Maca said:

The problem is that whilst it may be idealistic to have an application phase where we can trust people to actually be honest about being fluent English speakers and a high standard of roleplay quality, it is somewhat unrealistic in reality. Experience in this field comes from our past as a server; we tried to make the application process as easy as possible in the past and we received an influx of problem after problem from abysmal roleplay standards. The admin team isn’t really responsible for playing a cat and mouse game with bad roleplayers and poor English speakers unfortunately. 

You and I came from a server where decent role players were only within a certain clique. You’d have to more or less fit into their little group to solidify your chances of having a decent interaction otherwise you were going to encounter a demotivating scenario which will most likely push you into leaving or taking a break.

We have learnt from the past in regards to quality and quantity. We now and will in the future be favouring quality over quantity and if players are unwilling to dedicate their time (it takes about 15 minutes, if that) to fill out the application process then that already screams out alarm bells that there’s a high chance that they’re lazy roleplayers too.

EDIT: We understand that the players may feel that the admin team is here to ensure that people are being quality roleplayers but realistically, we are also here to roleplay. We don’t have enough time in the day to be sat here day after day and expected to monitor players because they “should be learning how to roleplay.” That would just make those in the admin team lose out on any chances of roleplay in their free time too. @PandaGaming

I can agree with you about the admins that can't spectate all over the day on players and such.

But I also believe that if a player who knows anything about roleplay will see a player with difficults he can also help him nicely or also report him IG to bring an admin to spectate the situation.

I feel that there is a need to bring and increase the player amount of the server.

The players we have right now are fine and reducing the ability to monitor the pre-entry requirements to a heavy roleplay server would put our roleplay quality at risk. Quality means everything compared to quantity.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, Maca said:

That's part of the problem. The Twitch streamers make roleplay out to be a big fun meme adventure, when in fact, the type of roleplay we want here is how you'd practically act in real life. Research is required for in-depth text roleplay as opposed to memeing around on a stream.

big streamers are naughty!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 6:49 PM, Smilesville said:

Au contraire, seems to me that people will generally try to bring you in if you can roleplay well - which is good! Unfortunately there's a problem with people typically being in an interior when they roleplay though, which usually prohibits newer players from meeting them to begin with. Not exactly sure how we would encourage new and old players to intermingle more other than changing the way businesses work, but it's just a thought.

That has and always will be a problem, that's why people have to hit up the people they want to role play with OOC'ly in order to set up some kind of interactive scenario or other arrangement. Letting all of that happen naturally in game is far more exciting, but the harsh truth is that the chance of that happening is minimal. 

Become less shy, contact the person you'd wish to role play with and hope for the best. This doesn't imply that you need to have an already established bond IC'ly, it's just a way to find each other in game. It's far better than making a character and end up driving around in the city all alone wondering why nothing's happening.

Even though these first interactions may have been "scripted", they will grant players the possibility of letting their established role play blossom into something new and interesting.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, Maca said:

I completely agree, the application system should stay as it is. If people aren't willing to create a quick application, they're not ready to put any effort into their role play anyway.

Edited by CHRISTIΔN