Things the community can do to grow bigger?

Libra

Just now, Falrock said:

Realism is fine but the admins team policing of factions is far from minimal at times. Not every faction wants to be taught either because sometimes they have their own idea on things and don't want to be set down a specific rigid path of roleplay. Do you not see how this is limiting?

The fact you are stating that it's "lowering standards" because people are crying out for a little freedom and creativity does not speak well for your intentions because you are speaking down to people and is probably a reason people have been having such huge problems with the admin team recently. It's really disappointing to see.

I do not see it as limiting because I'm not worried about numbers. I'm more concerned about RP quality as FM, naturally. 

Well, I'd like an example of me speaking down to people and not allowing creativity when it fit the settings because I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. 

I'm sorry if it disappoints you but we're also pushing transparency and most of what we do is reviewed by management. When we 'limit' something because it doesn't fit the setting, we provide alternatives unless it's extremely unreasonable. 

When I criticize a faction or its leaders I provide constructive criticism saying what should be fixed and why.

Not saying we didn't have incidents because everyone makes mistakes but if you ever saw me handling a problematic situation I usually side with the faction when we're wrong and tell them to admin report the other party when needed. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Falrock said:

The fact you are stating that it's "lowering standards" because people are crying out for a little freedom and creativity does not speak well for your intentions because you are speaking down to people and is probably a reason people have been having such huge problems with the admin team recently. It's really disappointing to see.

There seems to be a massive confusion between "high standards of RP" and "realism". I've played on a plethora of servers, and many had very high standards of RP too. In fact, compared to those servers, GTAW's standards are pretty low overall. However, realism wasn't an obsession there. You didn't have to spend 3 hours filling forms to get an insurance and then go to the DMV to fill more forms and pay a tax and then fill another form to fill another form etc.............. and the admins didn't spend their days telling people what's realistic and what isn't.

You can Rp in an extremely realistic way, and have an extremely boring, unengaging and uninteresting RP with a very low quality. Just like your character can do things that are a little more exotic - not crazy, but unusual - and have insanely good and developed RP. 

But I think GTA V admins in general (because 5RP admins had the exact same problem) need to stop mixing up "good/heavy RP" and "realistic RP" because the two are really not the same, at all. 

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Fuggle said:

They base of what they know to be realistic an what goes, but how would they know what goes on and what certain gangs cartels or organisations do? It’s not like they blog it and you can only find out from The fuck ups that get caught, 

and ethanol u focoused on cartels way too much there I’m talking overall, You hardly know anything that goes on irl and that’s just fact so you can’t  sit there an say this an that isn’t realistic those alliances won’t happen that type of faction wouldn’t have that business, you killing him doesn’t make sense, you seem to look past that as if you are all cartel members irl or somet, too many assumptions and the mindset off of you can’t send an example of it you can’t do it, yet again How do you know it hasn’t already happend by people that don’t fuck up, when you get a legit Skyrim faction then you can start all that but all I see is opinions and assumptions being enforced and stuff being exaggerated 

thats me now anyway if u can’t see what I mean then pointless me even trying to make sense to you.

I can't take any of that seriously. You're throwing assumptions out.

1. How should they know? As mentioned three times already we provide CRITICISM AND RESEARCH MATERIAL when needed. If they don't know they get to learn. The information is out there. 

2. Like any FM member, I do my fair share of research. Yes, I don't know about the Russian mob or any other organisation better than the members however on the other hand, from what I've read I don't limit myself to blogs and movies either so I think it's fair to say I do have more knowledge than some people on certain subjects, similarly to any of the FM members. This does not apply to everyone, I've seen people with libraries on these things but I think it's fair to say I learn about how things work regularly and constantly follow changes to certain organisations. 

3. I can't take an alliance between a Russian mobwife, a Yakuza leader a female gang leader and a LCN boss seriously. Look into any of those organisations and you'll see why that would never happen. Look into more than one and it becomes comedy. 

4. The assumptions part is nonsense. If what you're the one making assumptions. As mentioned we do research and we provide it for management incase of appeals. So no, I do not assume I back it up but that's something you ignored in all of my posts.

5. The skyrim point you made is mute as well. It was part of the alliance you* mentioned so from what I can tell you aren't exactly well informed. 

I wouldn't use trying to make sense to me as a point. I covered every point you made while you keep throwing words like "assumptions" at me without looking into the subject at all. I also see it as pointless but not because of me not taking criticism but because you clearly consulted one side, did not hit the forums checking what actually happened and then started posting. 

This thread is starting to turn into a discussion away from the original topic. In regards to how we administrate the server and how that relates to player numbers we clearly enforce a higher standard of roleplay on all players, including faction. With our script I'm sure we could have a very large and popular light roleplay server, that's not what we're trying to achieve. We don't want to sacrifice roleplay quality at the cost of increasing the player count. 

If this topic doesn't get back on track I'm going to have to lock it, which will be a real shame, so please back to the original topic. 

EDIT: In an attempt to get this topic back on track, I've hidden the off-topic responses below mine. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Does the server do any active advertising to bring new players in at all?

Never seen a GTAW advertisement anywhere before, but then again where do people who want to roleplay on gta servers go? Other communities. There's not exactly a middle ground other than rage etc.

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Does the server do any active advertising to bring new players in at all?

We have done some marketing before if you look at the "how did you hear about GTAW thread" you can find examples of this. In terms of current marketing, we don't believe that now is the best time to be doing that and we're looking to grow our script and work out bugs etc, through consistent updates. 

We have previously announced a marketing plan, which is due to take place after 0.4 (you can probably find the links in one of the "Stream Notes" threads in the archive. That will be a much more active advertising strategy from our side and involve substantial cost. 

• Upvote 1

I've only just recently came back from a break myself.

Apart from the odd few people about I feel like there's no real meeting point for roleplay, where people in the server can gather and interact.

Now I know people are going to probably say "that's what bars/nightclubs" are for, and that's a fair comment to make but even inside the bars and clubs *unless I've been to the wrong ones, or not be online at the time* they all seem to be quiet. Not to mention if new players come on the server looking for roleplay, I'm not sure they'll want to spend what little money they have paying the entry fee.

Would the community like to see a hub for roleplay?

Mirror Park kind of had it, but people just started standing against the walls.

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

I've only just recently came back from a break myself.

Apart from the odd few people about I feel like there's no real meeting point for roleplay, where people in the server can gather and interact.

Now I know people are going to probably say "that's what bars/nightclubs" are for, and that's a fair comment to make but even inside the bars and clubs *unless I've been to the wrong ones, or not be online at the time* they all seem to be quiet. Not to mention if new players come on the server looking for roleplay, I'm not sure they'll want to spend what little money they have paying the entry fee.

Would the community like to see a hub for roleplay?

Mirror Park kind of had it, but people just started standing against the walls.

Another issue faced which can't be helped but, as far as me and a few others are concerned people tend to spend their time in interiors and not in the world, but that can't be helped. Like yesterday we drove around with 88 players on and could only find contact in Rancho. 

What if the property management team were to limit the number of buildings that players can lease?

There's already loads that aren't being leased.

I know it's a shit way of handling it, but less interiors/clubs to go into would surely mean people would be more than likely to gather at one spot rather than multiple spread throughout the city?

I know the above suggestion isn't going to go down well, and will "limit" people's roleplay. But with a small server population, you do not need X number of bars on top of X number of clubs.

Edited by Shaun