Things the community can do to grow bigger?

Libra

First and foremost, the excitement for the amount of potential I see on GTA:World is endless. I would like to thank every single developer, management, admin and tester for dedicating time they don't have to really move Multi-Player RP onto GTAV. Just catching up with the amounts of updates and even things like pets, cameras etc gives me goosebumps just reading it. 

Personally, this is just beginning and this is bound to blow up. I just feel that as a moderately small active community (and growing) of course, we as a community need to figure out methods to get GTA:World. I'm just another member, but I feel we could grow in numbers just by even posting youtube videos, doing lets plays etc and getting GTA: World out there. 

Any other ideas or even discussions about ways that the community can help the server? 

Edited by Libra

I feel like the community shouldn't force or push the growth of numbers, seen it too many times; such with referral systems that draw people who can't roleplay for the benefit of the referrer.

What would gradually increase the numbers is just portrayal of actual, decent roleplay. Factions are the role model since they consist of a group of people, constantly keeping their topics active with screenshots and art. Since the majority of good roleplayers are looking for a faction to join, having inactive topics is going to be a push factor

Once a new roleplayer witnesses top-notch roleplay, they're more likely to invite their friends to join in, perhaps start their own faction and be an example for others.

Edited by Law
  • Upvote 3

Very true. I remember though when I began role playing, I had no idea what it even was. I learned from top-notch RP'ers, I feel that even newbies could learn from top-notch RP'ers. Maybe tutorials or guides on how a good RP'er would RP? Even youtube videos.

And I post this not to try and lure new people onto this server, I just mean to get the word "GTA:World" going around the Rage MP community and even other communities.  

Edited by Libra
  • Upvote 1

Quality over quantity is more my thing, to be honest. I've played on a lot of games and servers over 15 years and generally speaking, you find more RP more easily when the RP is of a better/higher quality ^^ In fact I've RP'd more on servers with very high standards of RP with 15 people online, than on servers with dubious standards with 200 online. 

So far the best way I've found to achieve that is word of mouth. You're a good RP'er, you find GTAW, so you tell about it to the other people you RP'd with on that other game, who also are good RP'ers... and so on and so forth ^^ But big ad campaigns bring, usually, a "mixed bag". You'll get some good, but also a lot of meh. 

6 hours ago, Libra said:

I learned from top-notch RP'ers, I feel that even newbies could learn from top-notch RP'ers.

Indeed, most of us learned from other RP'ers ^^

This is manageable when you have a big staff team with dedicated "RP tutors" who can give guidelines, help newer players who want to progress in a friendly and open manner. But it also requires a lot of time from a lot of people so it's not that easy. Or when you have a lot of good Rp'ers who also have a lot of time, and actively seek out new players. But again it also takes a lot of time and commitment and I can totally understand those who could do it, but would rather not. 

Edited by Topinambour

Maybe faction videos on YouTube, I remember back in the day I use to watch the whole gangland videos and that literally is what made me want to RP. Maybe staff could arrange some sort of contest! You may catch a few pupils in the process of doing this. 

30 minutes ago, Libra said:

Maybe faction videos on YouTube, I remember back in the day I use to watch the whole gangland videos and that literally is what made me want to RP. Maybe staff could arrange some sort of contest! You may catch a few pupils in the process of doing this. 

I believe most factions are already planning faction videos as soon as 0.4 comes out which will allow us to use really nice rockstar tools for cinematics. Hopefully, this can be used to show off the roleplay scenes.