Companion System | Sharing assets and features! [Re-Uploaded Suggestion]

Soupiest

zT54pGo.png

Companion System

Have a friend, relative, or even love one that you roleplay around consistently? With this idea, like the faction system, you'll be able to share your assets or even be able to share a "separate companion bank account!"

The suggestion's main goal is as clear as glass. You and another player may simply share assets among each other. Things such as:

• A separate bank account that will allow you and your companion to share your wealth among each other.
  • Sharing properties that your companion will also have access to. Though cannot be sold. Like factions who can factionize properties. Companions can do the same.
  • Sharing vehicles that your companion can spawn from a command or even park. Vehicles could possibly be companionized too. And they aren't scrap-able.
  • Finally, allow pets to be shared among companions! 

This only applies to one player. So that means only one player can become a companion obviously.

Thoughts and questions? Feel free to post what you guys think. 

• Upvote 1

I think we could keep this entire process IC as well.  I don't like the idea of having another OOC application for something that could be kept IC.

To get married, you need the following:

A valid drivers license or passport.

A birth certificate or green card.

The events could be planned as such:

Want to get married at a civil ceremony?  The commissioner or deputy commissioner of marriage will fill out the required forms after sending in your application.  

Pay your fees and then it becomes official. 

Or have a wedding.  Make an event, invite friends and family, find someone eligible to join two people in marriage (priest, rabbi, non religious person etc.) File the papers, host the event, get married.

It would bring more rp events, and keep things IC.  Just an idea though.

We have a government, we should use it! 

Edit: realize I didn't address the familial aspect. That could be done via government as well, but it'd take someone other than me to lay the details.

Edited by MChavera
On 26/10/2018 at 2:55 PM, MChavera said:

I think we could keep this entire process IC as well.  I don't like the idea of having another OOC application for something that could be kept IC.

To get married, you need the following:

A valid drivers license or passport.

A birth certificate or green card.

The events could be planned as such:

Want to get married at a civil ceremony?  The commissioner or deputy commissioner of marriage will fill out the required forms after sending in your application.  

Pay your fees and then it becomes official. 

Or have a wedding.  Make an event, invite friends and family, find someone eligible to join two people in marriage (priest, rabbi, non religious person etc.) File the papers, host the event, get married.

It would bring more rp events, and keep things IC.  Just an idea though.

We have a government, we should use it! 

Edit: realize I didn't address the familial aspect. That could be done via government as well, but it'd take someone other than me to lay the details.

Why does it have to be marriage? Or family? Maybe you want your absolute best buddy that you trust with your life to share things with, share your vehicles and so on. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Lionhearted said:

Why does it have to be marriage? Or family? Maybe you want your absolute best buddy that you trust with your life to share things with, share your vehicles and so on. 

1 hour ago, Topinambour said:

Yeah, pretty much. There are a couple of good friends my char would like to be able to give her car keys to, but I'm pretty sure the state won't let her marry them all ^^' 

I wasn't saying it should just be limited to that.

I was just trying to suggest IC ideas instead of another OOC application.

Why does it have to be anything other than a command?

>Share assets with [Player] 

>Add assets to share

>Both players can share one item freely with their own keys, access, what have you.

Easy. Done. Simple. You guys over complicate things.

If anybody's worried about sharing assets between alts then the SUPER SIMPLE solution is only allow the access to be granted to another online player. Super easy. No complications. Done.

Edited by Marksman
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Why does it have to be anything other than a command?

>Share assets with [Player] 

>Add assets to share

>Both players can share one item freely with their own keys, access, what have you.

Easy. Done. Simple. You guys over complicate things.

If anybody's worried about sharing assets between alts then the SUPER SIMPLE solution is only allow the access to be granted to another online player. Super easy. No complications. Done.

It's not about just alts, it's transferring to anyone.  Otherwise all you would have to do is have a buddy make characters, play for 40 hours, and then give the money to the partner.

Then delete and start again. 

The process of requesting it (either ICLY or OOCly) is to insure that the sharing is justified, and not just to exploit money between a newer character and an older one.

Edited by MChavera
1 hour ago, MChavera said:

It's not about just alts, it's transferring to anyone.  Otherwise all you would have to do is have a buddy make characters, play for 40 hours, and then give the money to the partner.

Then delete and start again. 

The process of requesting it (either ICLY or OOCly) is to insure that the sharing is justified, and not just to exploit money between a newer character and an older one.

Lol what? And they can't just /pay that money? Completely invalid excuse.

What's your opinion of sharing being justified? cause it's going to differ case-by-case, and in the end it doesn't matter. 

Edited by Marksman