Chat adjustments

Exeploder

Short description: Ability to adjust the chats font size + amount of chat lines shown + increased character limit + feedback for character limit reached.

Detailed description: Currently the font size is only able to be adjusted by changing the resolution of my game, and even if I run my game on the lowest resolution possible I am unable to read the text easily. Currently on SAMP this is easily adjustable via a command, along with the ability to set the amount of chat lines that are visible. Also, I'm unsure if this is a RageMP limitation or just a server specific setting but the character limit per chat line is much too low and leads to many situations where the user is separating what should be one sentence into multiple parts. Related to that is also the fact that there is no feedback telling a user when the character limit has been reached, leaving user to keep typing only for the text to not be sent. This would easily be fixed by stopping any user input to the chat box after character limit is reached. 

Commands to add: /fontsize [1-30], /chatlines [1-20]

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Font size adjustment is an accessibility feature, and chat lines, character limit increase, and character limit feedback are quality of life improvements.

Additional information: The main issue for me personally is the font size, I am unable to play properly as I can barely read the chat.

Naturally agreed, but why not go all the way and have it so if the player's message goes over the limit, the chat would simply parse it to the next line (in the case of a /me, it would turn in to a /do after the first line; there would be no other exceptions I can think of off the top of my head)?

• Applaud 1

Yeah, there is something I don't get here.
>call yourself a HEAVY rp server
>make it so /me and /do are 10 words max
>which leads to /me ... -> /do (...) -> /do (...) -> /do (...) -> /do (...) and it goes on
>also limit the speech for no reason
>also use a unnecessarily big font in your chat
>which makes everything appear to be bigger leading to character limits

So basically he is right.

Dear Machine (also known as server),
If you want to limit me and force me to use /do multiple times for one rp action - go for it, just let me know when you limit me.

- hentai!

The chat buffer does need to get increased. Multiply its current maximum length and break the line when half of it is reached, at least. Then a long /me or /do command would turn into 2 normal ones, separated by a new line.

8 hours ago, Exeploder said:

Commands to add: /fontsize [1-30], /chatlines [1-20]

These two commands would also be nice to have. Every player likes seeing things differently and therefore should be allowed to customize the size of the chat.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2018 at 1:03 AM, Exeploder said:

Ability to adjust the chats font size + amount of chat lines shown + increased character limit + feedback for character limit reached.

The last two suggested features have already been introduced & added to the gamemode since the creation of this topic and my recent reply.

Would like to know what the community thinks about /fontsize and /chatlines.

• 3 weeks later...