Bank Transactions

Hello,

I would like to suggest a page on the UCP that displays the character's and faction's bank transaction log, the taxes, wages, expenses and incomes.

This would help with having payment proof at the tip of your finger without having to screenshot each transaction. Of course, things can be added, subtracted and changed but here's an example made with inspect element and photoshop.

0etGwUx.png

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Soupiest said:

Can we also make it to where bank transactions can also happen on the UCP so I don't have to go in-game to transfer money? This would be useful for business owners needing to pay employees when the business owner isn't online or vice versa..

Not entirely sure about being able to transfer money over the UCP as it might be harder to track & monitor in regards to illegal actions (such as transferring e-currency to your alt characters without a permission, or trading in-game currently for real life money). Anything that has to do with in-game money should be handed in-game in my honest opinion.

Other than that I like the original suggestion. There's no harm in having the ability to view your recent transactions over the UCP.

Edited by Franelli
29 minutes ago, Franelli said:

Not entirely sure about being able to transfer money over the UCP as it might be harder to track & monitor in regards to illegal actions (such as transferring e-currency to your alt characters without a permission, or trading in-game currently for real life money). Anything that has to do with in-game money should be handed in-game in my honest opinion.

I'd assume that it would be even easier to track, though. Could probably even make it with a restriction that you can't transfer to your own characters as part of the system itself. 

6 hours ago, Thirteen said:

I'd assume that it would be even easier to track, though. Could probably even make it with a restriction that you can't transfer to your own characters as part of the system itself. 

It's not about the effort it would take to track it, but rather an entire new system which will also have to be tracked.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for such ideas and would love to see such a feature implemented. However, based on my past experience, we're talking about quite a sensitive feature which will require extreme measures of protection & security. Being a software developer myself, I can already think about literally 20 different ways this could be exploited.

The developers are only human after all, and bugs do happen. It would be much simpler to have a bug which is not related to huge amounts of e-currency spamming the server or something similar.

9 hours ago, Franelli said:

Other than that I like the original suggestion. There's no harm in having the ability to view your recent transactions over the UCP.

I'm pretty sure people could literally do that stuff in-game. You'd think doing it from the UCP would be traceable, and those things can easily be prevented with limitations in place. Restricting transfers to alts. People still do what you're talking about..

Not everyone can be online 24/7 and this would be helpful to quite a few people and not for the wrong reasons...

I'd love to have a ledger available over UCP instead of having to track everything by hand. All for that.

I believe the recent introduction of bank transfers to offline characters pushes the UCP transfer functionality quite far down on the to-do list. It'd be a nice addition, but the time constraints issue has been already solved.

Edited by AVRO DANKASTER
13 hours ago, Franelli said:

If the UCP is being used, why not just make it impossible to transfer to another character since all characters belonging to a single person are connected to the same UCP, like when someone tries to make a transaction to their alt, it'd just simply say "You can't transfer cash to your own another character" or something like that..