Longer respawn time and no automatic respawn

Cobra

Do you agree?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description: Remove the option to /acceptdeath at 2 minutes, and set it to 10 minutes. Remove auto respawn at 10 minutes. 

Detailed description: Rather then allow people to accept-death after 2 minutes, allow them to accept-death after 10 minutes. Additionally don't automatically respawn them after 10 minutes.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would prevent people from re-spawning after 2 minutes to avoid role-play with FD, PD and coroners (something cop baiters do a lot to avoid the RP after crashing during a chase).

Additionally it would prevent people automatically respawning after 10 minutes if FD/admin hasn't yet reached them to /revive for an RP scenario (e.g. they're trapped in the wilderness and it's going to take a while for help to get to them.)
That way if someone wishes to respawn (e.g. no admins/FD online or they know that no one is going to help them or it was a bug/glitch.) they can still do so, but after 10 minutes. If someone wishes to remain dead/injured they can also do that, for as long as they like. 

Additional information: I know waiting 8 minutes longer may seem tedious for those of you who were bugged/glitched and not able to be revived via /report (e.g. no admins available) but it gives us in the FD and the LS Coroners more chance to roleplay, as unfortunately a lot of the scenes we turn up to the person isn't even there anymore to give us details in /do and /me - which is vital for FD and LS Coroners to be able to carry out their roleplay. Besides, 10 minutes isn't that long at all. 

Edited by Cobra

I can understand the frustration from both PD and FD regarding that matter, and therefore I would partially vouch for it. However if this is going to be a thing, the developers need to make sure the player is not completely frozen during that period of time, so he can still move the camera around his character. Otherwise people will get easily annoyed as being stuck in an animation on the ground for ten minutes will be seen as a punishment rather than an opportunity to roleplay injuries properly.

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Franelli said:

I can understand the frustration from both PD and FD regarding that matter, and therefore I would partially vouch for it. However if this is going to be a thing, the developers need to make sure the player is not completely frozen during that period of time, so he can still move the camera around his character. Otherwise people will get easily annoyed as being stuck in an animation on the ground for ten minutes will be seen as a punishment rather than an opportunity to roleplay injuries properly.

I agree. They should be able to move their camera around and use the chat, and change their animation - especially as when FD arrive the first thing we do is /revive our patients so they can do this. After all it's up to the patient how they RP their injuries. Some may choose to be responsive and able to talk or move, others not. It's also up to them to make sure their condition matches the type of scenario. 

They just shouldn't be able to move on the spot so you don't have dead people running around like it's Resident Evil over here. 

Personally I don't see the issue with the two minute timer, it's convenient if anything. The amount of deaths I've had due to bugs or falling with jump r is huuuge. I wouldn't want to be stuck on the ground for ten minutes waiting for it. But the auto respawn, I don't think it should be a thing at all. Players should have to decide when they respawn once dead. Giving them a chance to roleplay things like coroners, etc. Maybe adding a drag feature or something along those lines to pull people into the back of vehicles so they don't need to be /revived on scenes and coroners can actually remove dead bodies. All for the sake of immersion after all! I hate roleplaying with the ground.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Rhea said:

Personally I don't see the issue with the two minute timer, it's convenient if anything. The amount of deaths I've had due to bugs or falling with jump r is huuuge. I wouldn't want to be stuck on the ground for ten minutes waiting for it. But the auto respawn, I don't think it should be a thing at all. Players should have to decide when they respawn once dead. Giving them a chance to roleplay things like coroners, etc. Maybe adding a drag feature or something along those lines to pull people into the back of vehicles so they don't need to be /revived on scenes and coroners can actually remove dead bodies. All for the sake of immersion after all! I hate roleplaying with the ground.

This is actually a good one. I never liked the idea to be depended on an on-duty administrator to revive a brutally wounded character you wish to roleplay with.

Having the ability to pull somebody into your car, despite the fact he is in death mode, would be a nice thing to have.

On 21/10/2018 at 5:05 PM, Rhea said:

Yeah I'm a bit half and half on the 2 minute or 10 minute timer. The real point of this suggestion is to stop the auto-respawn. I want to be able to roleplay with the injured and deceased. Being able to drag bodies would be ideal. 

On 10/21/2018 at 11:01 PM, Franelli said:

This is actually a good one. I never liked the idea to be depended on an on-duty administrator to revive a brutally wounded character you wish to roleplay with.

Having the ability to pull somebody into your car, despite the fact he is in death mode, would be a nice thing to have.

Agreed. As a member of PD, I can't count how many times I've heard people say they can't do anything because they're dead scriptwise and you have to get an admin or just let them respawn. Moving bodies would be a fantastic addition to the game, people wouldn't have to be /heal'd and awkwardly walk alongside FD to be "dragged" or transported by gurney to their ambulance and whatnot.

If moving bodies was a thing, I think that'd be really useful, like stated above would keep the continuous flow of RP going and not RPing with someone who is invisible because they already accepted death.

—> As a side note, you can actually click F7 to move your camera around while brutally wounded, then click it again to get your chat back.

• Upvote 1

Removing the automatic respawn, yes.

Extending the time before you can accept death, no.

Personally, I'd class a player who accepts death when they know PD/FD is on the way (or during RP) in the same category as refusal to roleplay

On 21/10/2018 at 5:05 PM, Rhea said:

Giving them a chance to roleplay things like coroners, etc. Maybe adding a drag feature or something along those lines to pull people into the back of vehicles so they don't need to be /revived on scenes and coroners can actually remove dead bodies.

We do have a command /pullincar which works exactly how you described. But it's not been working since the move to rage. It's definitely something that'd be nice to have back

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Dashing said:

Removing the automatic respawn, yes.

Extending the time before you can accept death, no.

Personally, I'd class a player who accepts death when they know PD/FD is on the way (or during RP) in the same category as refusal to roleplay

We do have a command /pullincar which works exactly how you described. But it's not been working since the move to rage. It's definitely something that'd be nice to have back

Good point. We need to make sure to /report each time a member /acceptdeath to avoid a medical RP scenario. 

That's actually a better solution as oppose to getting rid of the 2 minute limit.