Optional /outfit Parameter

Pan Grama

Short description: Add an optional parameter to the /outfit command to quick load an outfit.

Detailed description: Using /outfit # quickly loads the #th outfit removing the sight of standing with your arms extended scrolling through your outfits. Using /outfit with no parameters brings up the menu as it does now.

Commands to add: /outfit [id]

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

This is a very minimal quality of life improvement that would speed up players' ability to change outfits and removes the OOC of watching people scroll through their clothes.

Additional information:

This should be placed at the lowest possible priority and should only even be considered if it is a quick and easy feature to implement.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I agree with this. Usually I have to go through several scrolls in the menu to get the outfit I want, which makes my character look extremely annoying with that animation applied.

Once you know the ID of your desired outfit, using such a command would make a lot of sense.

Not really a QOL feature when changing clothes IRL takes time. A lot of RP requires suspension of disbelief, for example: Screens posted of 3 people standing around doing nothing whilst the RP takes place in the text.

I have a deeper question, why are you all standing around watching each other get dressed?

Not against this command to help with changing clothes, but I don't think it should speed the process up.

Edited by Dyff
35 minutes ago, Dyff said:

Not really a QOL feature when changing clothes IRL takes time. A lot of RP requires suspension of disbelief, for example: Screens posted of 3 people standing around doing nothing whilst the RP takes place in the text.

I have a deeper question, why are you all standing around watching each other get dressed?

Not against this command to help with changing clothes, but I don't think it should speed the process up.

Changing clothes in game does not take time "to make it realistic". It takes time because you potentially need to scroll through 10 different options just to get the one you want to wear.

The optional parameter takes nothing away from the functionality, but simply adds a shortcut to make things a little less of a hassle (like typing "/as" instead of "/anim stop"). So I cannot fathom any reason to be against this suggestion.

You're free to emote every single item of clothing you're taking off and putting on with a /me if you prefer to take your time when changing clothes ;)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...