Short description: Allow aircraft to communicate with each other via an air traffic control radio

Detailed description: Add a new chat that allows aircraft to communicate with each other via radio. First the aircraft must be registered and use their registered call sign when using the radio. E.g. /atc Life Flight One to LSIA, requesting permission to land via runway three. There could be both IC and OOC regulations regarding the use of aircraft and the air traffic control radio. 

Commands to add: /atc

Items to add: A chat similar to /dep

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It would allow aircraft to communicate across large distances, and increase air traffic role-play. For example Weazel News would be able to use it to contact the LSPD Airships during a pursuit situation, or the LSPD would be able to use it to warn aircraft entering restricted air space (E.g. above an event such as the Mayoral Inauguration or 9/11 memorial). The LSFD asking a civilian aircraft to assist with a Mass Casualty Incident on Mt. Chillaid. Additionally aircraft could simply use it as a place to express their role-play in a chat that other aircraft can see - so for example using /atc to request permission to taxi, to take off, to fly over a certain air space and when landing. 

Additionnal information: I suggested this before the throw-back, tried to find it in my browser's cache or in a web-page archive, and simply couldn't (Even though I found the URL). It had good support from folks back then. 

easid-203718-media-id-8391.jpg

Edited by Cobra
1 hour ago, Franelli said:

Is there any downsides to using your /radio in the same way described in your post? Meaning, having a specific radio frequency for any aircrafts to communicate through while in air.

You'd have to have everyone know that radio channel, plus for Government factions you may already be using multiple radios. 

/atc would work like /dep. 

• Maple locked this topic