Upgrading a computer

Ace_

Hello all.

I have a question about updating my computer and I have absolutely no knowledge about these things. It has came to a point where I simply have to upgrade this computer in order to play few newer games with friends, but I don't know how to. So I'm asking for the best, yet cheapest option. So if some of you has enough knowledge to build a better configuration for me, I'd be very thankful. Buying a completely new PC is also an option in which case please tell the configuration. Good, but cheap. 

Here's my current configuration: 

XTBDbaI.png

Z8rdbtD.png

So, how to build a better PC, I mean like upgrade to this one without having to worry about the other parts? For example, I was told that if I only get more RAM, then I have to get other new parts like graphic card etc however it's all called, because one newer part needs other newer parts or something like that in order to be able to work together. 

Regarding what "newer" games I mean.. I don't mean like the 2017-2018 games. I mean like the popular games nowadays like GTA V, arma 3, pubg etc.

Thank you in advance.

Get a graphics card, I recommend a 1050ti as you wont need to upgrade your power supply, anything higher than that you will probabyly a new PSU, PSU's are cheap though, like $50 for 500W. Upgrading the graphics card will be the most beneficial.

I'd recommend getting another 8GB ram stick, graphics card and SSD drive. You can get 240GB SSD's from Kingfast pretty cheap nowadays. To be honest, if you don't feel confident, just buy a ready built computer, you can get one new for about $400-$500 that will play every game, fujtisu esporimo's are suppose to be good.

Just make sure you check what type of motherboard you have and check the specifications, make sure it can take modern graphic cards etc.

Graphics Card > SSD > Ram.

Btw if you get windows 10 and an SSD, you can enable 'Boost', not to mention the speed increases from the SSD.

Upgrading this isn't an option.

Your motherboard most likely doesn't even have PCIe 3.0, so a modern graphics card will either not work or be extremely limited, let alone upgrading your CPU.

What amount CAN you spend for a new computer?

Edited by Guest

Well if you're hardware savvy it's pretty easy to build a cheap computer with used components. But if you're not then you're gonna have to spend some money or have someone walk you through everything. Computers generally are not cheap. My video card is 420$ by itself for example. But yeah like the guy above said, if you could give a budget and what you use your computer for that would help people make better recommendations. 

Either an AMD Ryzen (the cheaper option) or an i5 but I would recommend a new system as criserk suggested as your current system won't really be upgradable to any useful degree. As for motherboards MSI make great ones at respectable prices. Graphics card wise a GTX 1060 or 1060ti would work until you decide to upgrade, the cheaper AMD option would allow you to go for a better card. As for RAM I'd recommend 16GB DDR4, newer boards only support ddr4

Edited by Moonsong

(Just recently helped someone who plays now. Going from a system they could barely run GTA 5 with, to literally getting over 60 frames, I can tell you that I understand...)

I occasionally build off of prebuilts which is a VERY cheap AND GREAT option. For starters, I'd start off with a desktop with at least an i5 2400 inside. Where I'm from, they go from $70 to $100. Depending on the parts these desktop mid-towers have. (And not the small form factors.) Something like this. 

BU1nRxf.jpg

Then from there, you can easily slap in a GPU. I'd recommend a GTX 1050. Keep the standard PSU that it comes with as it's more than capable of handling a 1050. And if there's only 4 gigs of ram. Then go for another 4 gigs of DDR3 ram with 10600 bus speed.

EDIT: I'd at least grab a 1TB hard drive as well. They're also REALLY cheap. (I often find myself getting Seagate.)

And that's about it. You'd be surprised of how much you'd save just by building it yourself without even doing too much to a prebuilt. (Though I'd check the CPU and the temp to see if everything's okay..)

Edited by Soupiest