Government + Agencies Forums - Permissions

xanx

Government + Agencies Forums - Permissions Poll  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey there!

I'd like to make a suggestion for the permissions to be changed in all government, and agencies forums. The change to permissions would deny any user from viewing other users threads, especially applications which would reveal their identity, private information, along with OOC knowledge, which could be used against you IC'ly, even though meta-gaming is obviously against the rules. Such a change would also prevent any future possibilities of users copying someone else's work / application. The change would disallow normal users from viewing other users threads, whereas anyone with a user group who is authorised to see the thread, would be able to view it normally, and as such, reply to them if required.

Edit: Just to have a stronger case for this suggestion, in real life, obviously you'd never be able to see other applications, or applicant details, as that is private information.

This would mean a lot, thanks.

Edited by XanX
2 hours ago, ItayMayo said:

The thing with the topics can't be done because of phpBB limitations however they can change it so that you will have to PM a certain account your application instead of posting it on a public board.

Yeah, I've set up phpBB forums before in my time, it's limited, however, it's somewhat possible to do. Your suggestion COULD work, but would be impractical unfortunately...

• 3 months later...