RageMP (0x80004005) (Anti Virus Software) Fix

Brief Explanation of resolution: Excluding the RAGEMP folder from being picked up by the anti-virus software so it doesn't mistakenly delete/block the files (which is why you can't start the launcher).

IVamS00.png

This error happens when your antivirus software blocks and/or deletes the RAGEMP files, mistaking it for malicious files. You can either disable your antivirus completely or use this fix to prevent anti-virus from picking up RAGEMP files. In this example, I'll be using Avast Free Antivirus which is the most commonly used one.

dWbZe9u.png

Head up to the top right of the Avast interface, click menu and then settings.

enTJQSU.png

In the general settings, look for the "Exclusions" tab, it should be the 5th tab down if you can't understand it in English or even your own language. Click the little arrow on the Exclusion row to open the option section up.

ATgyXqd.png

Once you've opened up the exclusions section, browse through your file paths to find the main folder directory to which RAGEMP is saved. In my case, I saved it to my C drive so I navigated to my C drive and selected the whole folder to be excluded from being blocked/deleted.

2dSxAFr.png

If you try to start up RAGEMP now, it should re-download the files that the anti virus software was deleting. If not, access the location of all blocked/deleted files. In Avast, click on the "Protection" icon on the left hand side, then navigate to "Virus Chest".

sKJl4FB.png

Once you open up the blocked/deleted files, you'll the number of files the software counts as "malicious". Anyway, once you find the RAGEMP files, you can check them and scroll to the bottom, click the arrow on "DELETE" and click "RESTORE". Now your RAGEMP files are restored and are excluded from being deleted again. If you still have troubles starting it up, give the PC a reboot.

Want to forward it to your friend? I also made an Imgur post about the fix!

https://imgur.com/a/4eeWM1v

• Upvote 1