Choose car colour at dealerships

Short description: Add a colour select at vehicle dealerships.

Detailed description: Vehicle dealerships should have a menu where you can choose a primary and secondary colour, perhaps have a smaller colour variaty of basic colours so that people are still encouraged to go to mechanics for the full range of colours.

Commands to add: No command but an extra menu when you click to purchase the car allowing you to change the colour.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It's more of just a small quality of life change that will give people more freedom on the default colours of their cars.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BigDoubleOG said:

I do not suggest letting players pick their color, but let a car company randomize colors, (exclude color such as math black types)

If you buy a vehicle new you're usually allowed to choose what colour you want.

As an addendum to this suggestion, maybe make resprays very expensive. That way there is decision making on whether to get the colour you want, or buy used and pay to respray. All IC of course.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Pan Grama said:

If you buy a vehicle new you're usually allowed to choose what colour you want.

As an addendum to this suggestion, maybe make resprays very expensive. That way there is decision making on whether to get the colour you want, or buy used and pay to respray. All IC of course.

So because of your suggestion garages who suppose to earn money gonna lose it? No sense dude irl the cars are already made and published in the showroom. 

12 minutes ago, BigDoubleOG said:

So because of your suggestion garages who suppose to earn money gonna lose it? No sense dude irl the cars are already made and published in the showroom. 

Hyperbole, much? They aren't losing much over this addition. There's still a massive market when it comes to modifying vehicles with both visual modifications and performance upgrades. Not to mention all the second-hand vehicles that still will "require" paintjobs. 

Don't look at this as an option being removed. Look at it more like a quality of life for people buying new vehicles.

23 minutes ago, BigDoubleOG said:

There will only be a small palette of colours to pick from (maybe like black, grey, silver, red, blue and white and a few shades of each?), if you want the full range the mechanics are still a thing. You would also still be required to go to a garage if you want to further mod your vehicle this wouldn't in anyway make the mechanics and garages less valuable.

2 hours ago, BigDoubleOG said:

I do not suggest letting players pick their color, but let a car company randomize colors, (exclude color such as math black types)

When you order a car from a manufacture, you choose the color.

I think the word you're looking for is Matte.

Edited by Marksman
3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

When you order a car from a manufacture, you choose the color.

I think the word you're looking for is Matte.

Manufacturer>dealerships. 

**You cannot order a car directly from the factory. You must order through a dealership** 

**Sit down with a salesperson, give them your list, settle on a price, place your order and then wait for your car to come in.**

(did a small research)

If you mean sometimes people could order a car from the manufacturer right away, those are probably artists, football players etc. 

We can take this all to IC but you guys shall script the salesman job. 

Thanks for correcting me Btw.