NPCs

stringer

As far as I am aware, RAGE MP is capable of supporting NPCs (People walking around and driving cars) if that is the case, I highly believe we need something like that because currently the map is so big that even with 300 players i'd feel abandoned. Having NPCs driving around or walking would give everything a nice flow, (Also people will RP drive a lot more, otherwise they will just fuck up their vehicle), it would feel more immersive and nice in general.

NPCs may be possible but they won't be synced. Will require a lot of work for the devs to pull off.

Personally I wouldn't mind NPCs in the world as long as we couldn't interact with them (i.e. steal their cars, or have them shoot at us etc.) to give the world a bit more flavour and immersion, and also to pace driving out a bit more. However I'm pretty certain they'll be a huge resource hog and raise a bunch of other issues, especially if their behaviour can't be controlled, i.e. them getting into gunfights with other players. It'll also be a bit strange having NPCs walk into random areas where RP is happening and 'just stand there'.

unknown_1_.png

I don't want to see NPCs to be honest. They may cause huge conflicts during RP scenarios, bug out, and I don't think a lot of people will RP accidents caused by NPCs as a lot of people already ignore player vs player crashes and crashes that happen because they're driving reckless on their own. 

NPC's will more than likely break immersion than add to it. They'll only say things that the NPC's say, as if it was a VOIP server or something. Even though they're different because they're professional actors, the point still stands. Will also cause conflict during many RP scenarios, as stated above. I don't want to be hit by a car because the AI in GTA is garbage.
If there was a way they just "existed" as pedestrians that walk, drive, and weren't able to be interacted with, I'd personally be fine with it. Well, up until we hit double the player rate we're at right now. In current time, though - I'm certain it'd cause a fair few optimization issues. RAGE is obviously far from perfect as of right now. I don't wanna rule this out entirely and I hope people should come back to this when it's able to be supported properly, so tbh, I think I'll look out for this.

Edited by aloegarten

I do not support NPC's or pedestrians walking/driving around. They will break immersion rather than creating it. They won't be able to interact with you when you hit them, if you have an MVA, you can't rob them, they won't react to gunshots. It would just cost a lot of optimization and creation of it which can be put into different projects.

I believe NPCs in public or private businesses would be a good idea. It can make transactions seem somewhat more animated. They could maybe be scripted to say something related to your transaction via text. However, NPCs driving and walking around would take the immersion away from GTAW because they would not be able to interact with you and provide roleplay.