NPCs

stringer

This would decrease immersion way more than it would add. People are going to run them over accidentally, shoot them, steal cars, etc. It'd also cause an unnecessary amount of lag and desync in my opinion, something I'd like to avoid at all costs, as I already crash consistently for some reason.

I've thought about whether Playable NPCs (PNPCs?) would benefit the game.

A player signs up to be a PNPC and is vetted/denied like the other staff. Maybe players with a few months history and a record of good RP. Approved PNPCs would be like the mechanics are now, with certain permissions of the premises they are working in. How they differ though, is a player would be able to "switch" into the PNPC when they are needed.

Say a character enters a 24/7, all online Players with PNPC status are given a flag that a character is needed in a store, again like a mechanic now. However the player that accepts it is immediately transported to the location, maybe with a different look and uniform, and role-plays working there. When the RP is finished, the PNPC "ends" the job and is transported back to their original character and location.

This would create the impression of IC staff without the need for a character to stand around in a store/garage/reception waiting for RP. The player goes to the RP, not the other way around.

The PNPC players will be able to turn on and off their availability and maybe even given a wage for it.

I don't think I've explained it very well; I'm kinda writing from an idea that's been bouncing around in my head. And again, I'm not sure if it even is a good idea. But I thought I'd add it to an NPC thread and see what people think.

• Upvote 1