Nerf the Burrito storage

Aquila

Quote from this topic

Spoiler

I want to bring the subject of vans into the topic.

Consider the fact that a Burrito (the $13k one) has 65kg storage. By fact, it's the fastest van available in the game, and it's basically OP especially given the price, while there are slower vans that cost 7 times more, yet they hold the same amount of storage despite the Burrito being marginally smaller. As an example, compare the Youga Classic (a slow van with no special traits other than liveries) to the Burrito (faster, can climb hills, generally a better and sleeker van). 

The prices of vans should be redone, or the Burrito should have a storage nerf. 

I understand that people are going to go for DLC vehicles because they're newer, but that shouldn't have an impact on their IC/IG prices. Prices should be based on the class and performance, not on how new they are to the game.

The Burrito costs $13,000 and it has the storage of 65KG. There's no way the price of the Burrito can be increased now because it'll just mean all the current owners will profit from it. The Burrito is one of the most OP vehicles on the server because of several reasons:

- It is the fastest van.

- It is the cheapest van.

- It has 65KG storage capacity.

- It's a money-making machine.

- It allows the owner to keep low assets while profiting.

Compare the Burrito to other vans that are slower and bigger, yet have an equal amount of storage space. There's no incentive to own any other van. The reason why I'm posting this suggestion is to alleviate the mining hype, because let's be honest, if you own a Burrito then you're probably a miner. For how little you pay, you can mine and transport minerals so quickly that it's more efficient than using a Mule, yet for some reason a lot of people are unaware of it. 

Didn't think this needed the template. Floor's open for discussion.

45 minutes ago, Marksman said:

The simple fix was rebalance prices but apparently that’s not going to happen. 

Guess we’ll all just grind forever 

What do you mean with "rebalance prices"?
Changing vehicles prices means changing a big part of economy and it's inconvenient now as it is now. Money runs and there is no shortage, but changing prices and going to raise prices it would mean more farming. For the rest, changing the Burrito's capacity makes sense.

On 28/06/2018 at 9:59 AM, Mikee said:

What do you mean with "rebalance prices"?
Changing vehicles prices means changing a big part of economy and it's inconvenient now as it is now. Money runs and there is no shortage, but changing prices and going to raise prices it would mean more farming. For the rest, changing the Burrito's capacity makes sense.

Thanks.

I love the Burrito but changing the price will only lead to people mass-buying and scrapping for profit. It's better to just nerf it, especially considering it's a pretty small van when compared to other more expensive and slower vans.

• Upvote 1
On 6/28/2018 at 3:58 AM, Aquila said:

Quote from this topic

Reveal hidden contents

I want to bring the subject of vans into the topic.

Consider the fact that a Burrito (the $13k one) has 65kg storage. By fact, it's the fastest van available in the game, and it's basically OP especially given the price, while there are slower vans that cost 7 times more, yet they hold the same amount of storage despite the Burrito being marginally smaller. As an example, compare the Youga Classic (a slow van with no special traits other than liveries) to the Burrito (faster, can climb hills, generally a better and sleeker van). 

The prices of vans should be redone, or the Burrito should have a storage nerf. 

I understand that people are going to go for DLC vehicles because they're newer, but that shouldn't have an impact on their IC/IG prices. Prices should be based on the class and performance, not on how new they are to the game.

The Burrito costs $13,000 and it has the storage of 65KG. There's no way the price of the Burrito can be increased now because it'll just mean all the current owners will profit from it. The Burrito is one of the most OP vehicles on the server because of several reasons:

- It is the fastest van.

- It is the cheapest van.

- It has 65KG storage capacity.

- It's a money-making machine.

- It allows the owner to keep low assets while profiting.

Compare the Burrito to other vans that are slower and bigger, yet have an equal amount of storage space. There's no incentive to own any other van. The reason why I'm posting this suggestion is to alleviate the mining hype, because let's be honest, if you own a Burrito then you're probably a miner. For how little you pay, you can mine and transport minerals so quickly that it's more efficient than using a Mule, yet for some reason a lot of people are unaware of it. 

There's quite a lot that's wrong with this. You seem to think the Burrito is far better than it actually is.

First of all, it is absolutely not the fastest van. Allow us to review this image from Broughy1322's popular testings. Here you can see the performance of the Burrito, situated in position 14 on the list, it is utter dog shit compared to other similar sized vans (with vanilla values).

Next you claim that the Burrito is faster and smaller in size yet have the same amount of storage space. If you would be so kind as to preview this and this image you can see the sizes are pretty god damn identical. I didn't park them all perfectly but you get the idea. Faster? Well we've already covered that. Don't confuse the Gang Burrito (which is $44,000, not $13,000). Adding onto this, it wouldn't even make sense for one version of the Burrito to hold a lower capacity figure while all the rest hold 65KG? Answer me that without sounding like a blithering fool.

Your comment on the Mule is nothing but incorrect, unsurprisingly. You claim that the bog standard Burrito is more effecient than that of a Mule. Allow me to explain how this is wrong. Burrito holds 65KG, Mule holds 100KG. That's a 53% difference/increase in capacity. Oh, then perhaps the Burrito is exceedingly faster? No, sorry. Take a look here and here. The Burrito holds a speed of 90MPH while the Mule travels at 70-72MPH (depending on variant) which brings a 22.222% difference. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the numbers. While the overall effeciency depends on the length of the journey, there and back, it goes without saying that the Mule is still more effecient.

Now, I'll go back to your first comment real quick, stating that there's no way that the car could have its capacity increased because the current owners would profit from it. And? I'd rather give a few players some extra money than change the capacity to something stupid that would simply make no sense.

Out of all of your accusations and comments, what I find the most laughable is how you think this would somehow put a stop to those that grind mining. Spoiler alert, it won't. Mining needs to be fixed to no longer be a grinding option or whatever the best option is. Nerfing one vehicle won't fix that and you're blind if you think it will.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'd like to show off this image. Here, you can clearly see how with each vehicle from front to back the carrying capacity is increased.

Granger - 40KG

Rumpo (Almost universal to all commercial vans) - 65KG

Scrap Truck - 65KG

Mule - 100KG

Vehicles such as the Boxville and Scrap truck should be bumped up to 80KG. I find it perculiar that there is no 80KG capacity and these kind of vehicles should be equipt with such values while leaving pick-ups and commercial vans at the 65KG mark with larger vehicles going to 80KG and then even larger going up to 100KG like we have now.

Or perhaps a universal change. 40KG vehicles go to 35KG. 65KG vehicles go to 45KG, the implementation of 65KG and 80KG with vehicles such as the Boxville and Scrap Truck, giving more variation for larger vehicles and then the Mule and vehicles alike remaining at 100KG. This will force players who want to carry a lot to choose the slower, larger vehicles. SUV's, commercial vans and pick-up trucks will no longer be as good at making money. Players will have to invest money to make money instead of running around town in a light commercial vehicle or sport utility vehicle that also doubles as their daily car. Make them split it up and choose.

All in all, a revamp to vehicle pricing and vehicle capacity size is the best thing to do, whether people like it or not.

Edited by Marksman
1 hour ago, Marksman said:

words of defeat

no lol

It's just a wall of text that doesn't really have any bearing to the outcome of this suggestion. Random statistics are irrelevant when you don't take into consideration real, tested data. How is a heavy truck like the Mule going to climb Mount Chiliad faster than a Burrito? Burritos are cheaper than Mules, they're faster than Mules, they can climb up hills better than Mules. Plus, they obviously don't take as long to load and refine from. 

your suggestion got denied but that doesn't mean you should say no to other suggestions

7 hours ago, Aquila said:

no lol

It's just a wall of text that doesn't really have any bearing to the outcome of this suggestion. Random statistics are irrelevant when you don't take into consideration real, tested data. How is a heavy truck like the Mule going to climb Mount Chiliad faster than a Burrito? Burritos are cheaper than Mules, they're faster than Mules, they can climb up hills better than Mules. Plus, they obviously don't take as long to load and refine from. 

your suggestion got denied but that doesn't mean you should say no to other suggestions

What relevance does taking a mule up mount chilliad have? I’ve explained Wang your suggestion is bad and why the thought process behind your suggestion is stupid, if you can’t see it then that’s your own problem bud. 

Yes the Burrito is faster and lighter. That doesn’t mean it’s better, it’s smaller than the mule and carries less in the back. That’s why it doesn’t take as long to fill with ore and refine, genius. That’s such a stupid point you’re trying to make. 

Im not shitting on this because my suggestion got denied. I’m shitting on this because it’s bad. 

Il say it needs a small tweak from both sides - price to 20k and capacity to 50kg.

But I personally wont mind a total wipe of Burritos, as I have stated many times, making money is TOO EASY anyways so 13k is NOTHING.