Making fishing and mining a less lucrative way of getting money.

2Frsh

2 minutes ago, LykosEmyr said:

That wouldn’t be smart. The new players need some sort of income. It’s not fair for them to start like that. The problem I see is that some players specially the new ones are dedicated to making money and stabilizing themselves before they go RP. Everyone strive to be successful in the server and have money. Money sometimes builds reputation. You don’t want to go Rping empty handed. That’s a bit selfish too if you don’t mind removing all of the jobs. Then when the server is low on population and there’s no businesses opened. How will they make some income if they can’t get paid. Also if we are going to be realistic about it, if you do get a job at a business your pay will come every Friday and it wouldn’t be so high then just going to do your regular scripted job and afterwards go RP. I’ve encountered a ton of new players who are willing to RP. Not everyone will be at their disposal to RP with people they don’t want. The RP in the server is outstanding and I say it because there’s always RP around the city you just have to go search for it. The Mirror Park Mall is a spot where people just chill most of the times unless Banjo Strings opens up.

Mirror Park is a place to chill, sure. But not to drift cars at and race around.

Edited by 2Frsh
1 minute ago, 2Frsh said:

Mirror Park is a place to chill, sure. But not to drift cars at and race around.

If they are breaking a server rule by non-RP driving then you can report those players otherwise, you can call 911. Racing and drifting happens in real life too that’s not something that doesn’t occurred.

Just now, 2Frsh said:

I called the police and submitted a report for unrealistic driving. The guy got kicked. But I'm not looking forward to reporting every 5 minutes.

Well you can’t expect a ban just cause of their actions. Warning kicks have to go through first before something like a ban happens. Also it wouldn’t hurt to try to address them in /b explaining what’s up with their actions.

Just now, LykosEmyr said:

Well you can’t expect a ban just cause of their actions. Warning kicks have to go through first before something like a ban happens. Also it wouldn’t hurt to try to address them in /b explaining what’s up with their actions.

Trust me, I've tried to help people in /b lots of times. I just get ignored most of the time.

I actually like getting 5K paychecks and I don't mind the jobs. If someone is not properly roleplaying their wealth it's their problem. Yes it makes no sense drifting around and all that but, I have something like 100K plus at the moment and I don't roleplay having 100K.

Not everyone would want to roleplay their jobs, such as fishing, who would want to roleplay a fisherman? From my perspective and from my way of roleplaying, I don't mind having 1M+ in my bank account because it all depends on my character, I'm not gonna roleplay having 1M+ anyhow.

Just report the drifting and fucking around type of people and if they want to grind, just let them grind? And if you want people to earn money by roleplay, they would have to get enormous wages to match the server's economy. I think that the server is fine with the jobs and I would like to underline that I have never done any mining/fishing etc.

A more harsh punishment should come to all the messing around type of people so next time they burn tires at the Mirror Park and they get jailed for a good amount of time, they might think twice before doing it.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, SWEETJONES said:

I actually like getting 5K paychecks and I don't mind the jobs. If someone is not properly roleplaying their wealth it's their problem. Yes it makes no sense drifting around and all that but, I have something like 100K plus at the moment and I don't roleplay having 100K.

Not everyone would want to roleplay their jobs, such as fishing, who would want to roleplay a fisherman? From my perspective and from my way of roleplaying, I don't mind having 1M+ in my bank account because it all depends on my character, I'm not gonna roleplay having 1M+ anyhow.

Just report the drifting and fucking around type of people and if they want to grind, just let them grind? And if you want people to earn money by roleplay, they would have to get enormous wages to match the server's economy. I think that the server is fine with the jobs and I would like to underline that I have never done any mining/fishing etc.

A more harsh punishment should come to all the messing around type of people so next time they burn tires at the Mirror Park and they get jailed for a good amount of time, they might think twice before doing it.

Yes, people fucking around should be punished. But I think it's annoying that every new player roleplays practically the same thing. This makes the roleplay boring and monotone. They grind money and then live the lavish life. This could lead up to problems for people that are actually developing their character. As an example, if all businesses are owned by grinders, other players will have no chance. I got a decent amount of money on my bank account, but I don't roleplay being filthy rich.

Edited by 2Frsh
58 minutes ago, SWEETJONES said:

I think what OP was getting at is the fact it's a roleplay server - not an MMORPG. People should be earning their money through realistic means in-character, not pressing /cf or AFK'ing on the top of Mount Josiah. I'd also like to reiterate as OP did that there's all too many people doing skids in their Elegy Retro earned through spamming CTRL-V in a high-pop area. This would mean people would have to throw out a dozen reports every single day.

Also, people do tend to get enormous wages. The ludicrous amounts I've heard of semi-successful business owners/workers get for around 1-2 hours of RP is pretty wild - and it blows all script jobs out of the water, tbh.
There's a few good examples of people who someone could just come on this thread and name, who showcase the "script job" issue extremely well - but obviously no one will, as it's extremely immature. Also because of the fact the staff this server has, are probably already on the case.

Edited by aloegarten
  • Upvote 1