Rebalance Vehicle Prices

Marksman

Basically, long story short, vehicle prices need a balancing. No, I'm not saying they need to be realistic and authentic before somebody tries to say the economy of the server isn't realistic. Yeah, I know. 

This is about the balance of vehicles and their prices. Moreso the newer DLC vehicles than anything. Some vehicles have no issues with the prices. For what they are they are priced decently. Some are absolutely terrible.

Examples? Let's go into them.

Schyster Fusilade - 12 KG - $145000

Karin Kuruma - 25 KG - $125000
Benefactor Schwartzer - 25 KG - $145000

Albany Alpha - 12 KG - $190000

Bravado Buffalo S - 25 KG - $175000

Retinue - ?? KG - $105000

Streiter - 12 KG - $110000

Vulcar Fagaloa - 25 KG - $115000

Lampadati Michelli GT - 12 KG - $145000

Vapid Ellie - 12 KG - $165000

Jester Classic - 12 KG - $195000

Comet Offroad - 12 KG - $265000

Vapid Dominator GTX - 25 KG - $290000

Z190 - 12 KG - $298000

(literally all of the vans here)

Clown Speedo - 40 KG - $90000

Bowboy Burrito - 65 KG - $95000

Public Utilities Boxville - 65 KG - $100000

Human Labs Boxville - 65 KG - $100000

Go Postal Boxville - 65 KG - $100000

Bugstars Burrito - 65 KG - $100000

Construction Burrito - 65 KG - $100000

Pony - 65 KG - $110000

Post Delivery Boxville - 65 KG - $120000

Deludamol Rumpo - 65 KG - $120000

These are just the ones that stuck out to me like a big, swollen, sore thumb and are primarily the ones that need lower prices (Some other vehicles not listed could do with a raise here and there). 

First of all, I find it absolutely absurd that some of these vehicles have a high price simply because they're new. We're handed all of these vehicles on a silver platter by Rockstar yet the server seems to neglect the improved and increased possibility of variation in our characters by ludicrous price tags that hold no relevance to what the vehicle actually offers to the player. I understand that some vehicles are high class, luxury vehicles. That's why I've not mentioned them. Some vehicles like the Dubsta, Baller, Exemplar and so on. They're not all that impressive in what the vehicle offers, but they are of the luxury variety. Taking luxury into consideration, the only vehicle that I've included in this short example list that could be considered luxury is the Albany Alpha and even then it is incredibly overpriced as it's not a very good one!

The vans, for example, have no just reason to be 90k upwards. They're 40-65 KG capacity (which is fine by the way) but you can get vans for 1/3 of the price that hold 100 KG (also fine, they're bigger). Look at the other small commercial vans we have, they're priced appropriately at 40K or so. This is where abouts these others should be.

Items such as the Fagaloa and Streiter are incredibly overpriced. One is an old 2-door wagon and the other is a shitty lifted wagon. The Streiter may be Benefactor but it is far from a luxury class vehicle. Then the Fagaloa is a Vulcar vehicle, their other vehicles being the Ingot and Warrener. Reasonably priced, old vehicles.

Then moving onto the sportier cars. The remaining cars in my example list that I haven't yet mentioned. The Fusilade, Kuruma and Schwartzer are terribly slow for a $125,000-145,000 pricetag. The Fusilade and Schwartzer are some of the slowest cars in the entire sports class and the Kuruma, while it has fantastic corner grip, is slower overall than the Fusilade and Schwartzer. The Buffalo S, Retinue and Comet Safari are all relatively slow too for sports vehicles and even more so when comparing the price tags. The Michelli GT, 190z/Z190 and Ellie are just slow and old. They look fantastic but that doesn't warrant high prices. Finally, the Jester Classic and Dominator GTX. Iconic cars both IRL and in GTA, the Supra and Mustang. But they're not worthy of 195 and 290k. The Jester and Dominator can both be outperformed by vehicles that sit closer to 100k.

I'm sure some of you are wondering, why do I bring up the performance of the sportier looking vehicles? Why do cars need to go fast, this is RP server??? Well I'm sure some of you hold that opinion but if that's the case then why are these vehicles sitting at silly high prices? 

I think the crucial thing we must understand and remember is vehicles need to be treated as an asset to ones roleplay and their character and not as an asset to their wealth. Recently there has been discussion on grinding and script jobs and this, that and the other. The inclination to grind is considerably higher when the item a player wants for their roleplay and character is exceedingly more expensive than a house or apartment. This rebalance will help that and that's what is important.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I support this. A lot of these prices don't make sense while a lot do at the same time. I think it needs a better look at each car + what they are irl. The Futo can nearly keep up with the Jester Classic with the right driver behind the wheel in a lot of cases, but it costs 3 times the futo. That should be more near the futo's price imo, maybe like 90ish, and that's just the Jester Classic. There's several others that don't really make sense for the prices. Things that are actually nearly super cars should be higher, luxury things and what not, not imports. Imports are rather cheap in the terms of expensive cars. Alot of muscle cars too. 

Well yeah there are some prices that are absurd, but changing them now would be a hassle because a lot of people, including myself own these vehicles, if I bought a 190z and it's going to get a lower price ,I should atleast get a refund or something for the car.

2 minutes ago, Pacanaz said:

Well yeah there are some prices that are absurd, but changing them now would be a hassle because a lot of people, including myself own these vehicles, if I bought a 190z and it's going to get a lower price ,I should atleast get a refund or something for the car.

Measures can me made to resolve this, as they have in the past when prices were changed. No reason for it not to happen.

3 minutes ago, Pacanaz said:

Shouldn't be too difficult. Easily solveable by allowing people to post refund requests for the remaining balance.

Just now, Marksman said:

Measures can me made to resolve this, as they have in the past when prices were changed. No reason for it not to happen.

I just hope if this gets changed that there's a variety of people voting for new car prices so they're not just picked by some dude that wants a expensive looking car for cheap price