Weed should be legal, hear me out.

LET'S TALK ABOUT WEED

So as many of you are aware Cannabis in California is legal for both medical and recreational use. das some gud shit.

So why isn't it here? In a setting that is more or less in California.

Why is it that weed is always the shitty drug which people focus on dealing out instead of the more shady and dangerous drugs? 

Now what I want to get across is that weed should be legalised on GTAW, not to match IRL but to actually add another layer to Weed farming and farming RP in general. There's a bunch of fucking farms in LS to be nabbed up and used, why not make them buy able and throw in some scripts that help out farm weed? This will bring in more IC jobs and kick off Weed supplying for local businesses. 

What's that? This suggestion is like an onion? More layers? 

Image result for onion

EFFECTS ON LEGAL AND ILLEGAL FOLK

Now if the law was suddenly changed how would dealers try to handle the fact that what they are selling can now be sold in stores. Well listen up, kiddo. I have a few ideas.

Stealing from Truckers who are delivering the stank dank.  That's right, I mentioned Trucking, a word only used in whispers and in myths among our people. Have faith brothers and sisters, I believe one day it will be ours. 

Truckers that are out doing their thang and delivering Weed would make great targets for Criminal RP. Dealers getting free Weed and selling it to shady store owners who are willing to take it? That's some goud shet.

E X T O R T I O N

Everyone's fav. Those effected by the legalization may just think "Well fuck me, these guys are fucking my business up. So I'll go and fuck up theirs. UNLESS THEY PAY ME."

Extortion it just works. 

Image result for todd howard

DAWN OF THE NEW AGE

Server has been around for a while right? You've done the crackhead RP for a while right? You want them real hard fucking drugs. You want more, you want people to cook heroin, you want people to deal morphine? I do too, kiddo.

With Weed getting thrown into the legal side of things it would be the best time to bring about new drugs and new scripting for people to create them. 

Remember on certain samp servers you needed a mobile home to cook drugs like the dad from Malcolm in the middle?

Image result for breaking bad cosplay

Honestly I think Weed is dulling down criminal RP and it needs to be shoved aside for the real shady drugs. The Drugs that are high risk high reward for those that want to deal it. Massive perks for taking these fucked up drugs to begin with but the addiction and strain it puts on your character fucks you right up.

Anyway. I'm done.

Grab a slice on the way out, kiddo. 

Image result for pizza guy stock photo

• Upvote 1

I think it'd be an idea to start an IC campaign about this, to make weed legal in the state. Rather than actually.. change anything OOC. But the thread you made is cool! 

Even though my post doesn't really give a good addition to your thread, I'll take pizza anyways!!!! Thanks!

For those saying take it ic, why even bother when there's no government set up, if there's enough people wanting it oocly then make it an IC law and when there'll be a government faction the faction will have the power to keep the law or not..

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see it done via government means, whether we have one setup or not. It can easily be role played without a Mayor, considering the Mayor wouldn't have the power to constitute a law. It'd be the job of the Governor which again, can be role played via the Head of Legal Factions.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Caomhnóir said:

I'd like to see it done via government means, whether we have one setup or not. It can easily be role played without a Mayor, considering the Mayor wouldn't have the power to constitute a law. It'd be the job of the Governor which again, can be role played via the Head of Legal Factions.

This gentleman gets it.

• Thanks 1

I don't see why there should be a campaign. There are weed shops everywhere spread across LS, and there is a law proposal in the GTA universe is to make cocaine legal, so we can very safely assume if such a law is being discussed, then weed is very likely to already be legal. If weed wasn't legal, the shops wouldn't be opened in the first place and there would most likely not be a discussion about making coke legal.

If anything, it would be fixing an OOC issue that wasn't adressed (being that weed should always have been legal in the first place).