Food Delivery

cookiejar

Short description: Delivery Service for your pizza's and stuff!

Detailed description: It'd probably be some kind of number that someone could call, to order food. And then players can actually grab the food from a restaurant in their inventory and pass it on to people.

Commands to add: /get (food) /call (number) /give (food)

Items to add: Pizza, chinese food. Stuff like that!

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd bring for more roleplay for people that want to work, but at the same time want to roleplay.

Additionnal information: I'm not able to describe it further. My knowledge of gta mods is 0%. I just think it'd be fun.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Aquila said:

useless tbh

There's supposed to be a food creation system, so until that starts getting in the works, this would be pointless to have. We don't want another pizzaboy fiasco on this server like on SAMP.

Why useless? If the job is based on rp (e.g. the one who's hungry actually calls the restaurant and they in their turn deliver the food) and not based on scripted checkpoints like in some servers on SAMP, this would be awesome. I believe it could create more roleplay scenarios. But this shouldn't be functional for those who don't own/work in a restaurant.

1 minute ago, iGhoul said:

Why useless? If the job is based on rp (e.g. the one who's hungry actually calls the restaurant and they in their turn deliver the food) and not based on scripted checkpoints like in some servers on SAMP, this would be awesome. I believe it could create more roleplay scenarios. But this shouldn't be functional for those who don't own/work in a restaurant.

Scripted jobs don't create roleplay. 

If anything, scripted jobs should be there for function, i.e. if a food system is scripted and restaurants have a purpose, then a delivery system can work out, albeit nothing needs to be scripted except for transferring food items.

Just now, Aquila said:

Scripted jobs don't create roleplay. 

If anything, scripted jobs should be there for function, i.e. if a food system is scripted and restaurants have a purpose, then a delivery system can work out, albeit nothing needs to be scripted except for transferring food items.

I believe we misunderstood each other, I said based on rp, not on scripted checkpoints. I agree, the only thing that should be scripted is the food & delivery system. And I believe that's what the thread starter meant too.

Yes. I did not mean scripting, just like.. the taxi job, I guess? Someone calls a number. Like.. 956 or whatever. And then their message pops in a system and people part of the delivery job could like.. receive that message. To then go and deliver food to the persons location. And all that would be scripted would be the food and the calling system.

I dont know much of scripts and even if it is possible but it seemed like a fun idea because roleplaying a younger character under 21 makes bartending a no-go, my character is not a stripper either.. so stuff like this would be realistic and fun!

A callout to restaurant owners if they need a delivery employee! :D

I agree with Lance. There is deffo an opportunity for a service like this to pop up however. Someone could advertise a delivery service, you could ring to get them to buy you something for example. 

E.g.. I'm at the beach with friends and we don't have beer. I call the advert and pay him what the beer costs plus what he charges for him to bring me it ( maybe $300 for beer and $200 to deliver)

• Ribsey locked this topic