LSPD Probation Period/Parole Officers

MoCityDon

Short description: After commiting a crime and being arrested and serving the sentence in jail, depending on the severity of the crime, the arresting officers can assign probation to keep tabs on ex-cons, by assigning a probation officer to check up on said ex-con  doing things like assigning drug tests and making sure that the ex-offender is being a law abiding citizen and working a legal job.

Detailed description: I've always been a bit disappointed when it comes to being arrested and serving time in jail in GTA 5 roleplay servers. I've been arrested countless times, my most common charge being possession of an illegal firearm. My last time I was arrested, I only served thirty minutes in a jail cell which I didn't even have to be logged in for the time to complete apparently. The problem is that after you're arrested, the only thing that happens is you lose your illegal contraband, and you are stuck in a jail cell for a certain amount of time, then when you get out you essentially can just keep going on with your characters everyday life. Adding probation roleplay would make both illegal RP and legal RP (cops) more immersive, as criminals would have MUCH more to lose than just sitting AFK in a jail cell for an hour and being released, and it'd be nice for police officers to because they could continue the roleplay with the criminals they arrested even after they are out of jail, which means more character development and immersion. 

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd improve the server by adding more roleplay scenarios for players who like to RP as realistically as possible, making characters face more consequences than just AFKing in a jail cell for 30 minutes and losing their gun.

• Upvote 2
On 6/17/2018 at 3:09 PM, PandaGaming said:

I don’t like it.. sounds annoying for me. Not supporting.

Could you elaborate? What about it sounds annoying? It'd discourage criminals from commiting crimes, in fear of having to face bigger consequences - a probation period where they'd have to routinely visit and be interrogated by a parole officer, be drug tested and they would also be on police radar. This kind of roleplay doesn't seem like it'd implement much, but in character you'd be developing your character for good or bad, with police and just adds more roleplay scenarios in general.

20 hours ago, Airwolf said:

If anything this would most likely be handled by DOC once it's implemented. I'm rather sure that there'll be it's own version of it anyway.

Yeah that's probably most likely going to be the case, I'm looking forward to seeing DOC being made, also looking forward to see what the prison will hold in the future for roleplay opportunities.

1 hour ago, Tweaker said:

I like the idea in theory but it would be very difficult to execute since not everyone can play every day, time zone issues, etc. 

Yeah, because  people play in different time zones and aren't on at the same time it'd make more sense for DOC to be implemented to take care of this.