RageMP Release & Development plan

On 16/06/2018 at 10:35 AM, Nervous said:
  • New nameplate system: Rage allows us to show different nameplates depending of the player. The plan is not fully discussed yet, but it could allow us to make everyone appear as stranger and let you name people by yourself so that it would show what you named on your screen instead of the player real name

Honestly this should've been done way back on SAMP. I had the idea many years back of everyone being a stranger unless you either /greet each other or some other command to grant the other player to 'know' your name. We wouldn't need any of these OOC masks. Having a unique stranger ID that randomises each time you connect but still logs to your account makes for admins to easily check who you are/were and completely kills the chance of any metagaming. Naming other players for yourself would be cool but imagine how big the database would be if the average person had about 50 separate names saved.

10 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Honestly this should've been done way back on SAMP. I had the idea many years back of everyone being a stranger unless you either /greet each other or some other command to grant the other player to 'know' your name. We wouldn't need any of these OOC masks. Having a unique stranger ID that randomises each time you connect but still logs to your account makes for admins to easily check who you are/were and completely kills the chance of any metagaming. Naming other players for yourself would be cool but imagine how big the database would be if the average person had about 50 separate names saved.

Another server I know of (on RageMP) does that. The strings are mostly text, it takes pretty much no space at all. So, if it's possible, it could be really cool. Finally people would stop calling my char "Salomé" even though she never gives that first name to anyone xD 

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Topinambour said:

Another server I know of (on RageMP) does that. The strings are mostly text, it takes pretty much no space at all.

It's a great idea though, I think my OCD would kill me if I saw screenshots from people with player names that weren't capitalised or in a trollish manner.

• Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic