RageMP Release & Development plan

We're now only 3 hours 30 minutes away from the release planned for 1pm GMT!

Before starting to write anything about Rage and our upcoming development plans, I would like to give a major thanks to @-Andreas who went through this converting with me without ever complaining. He worked hard, and did not know much about the gamemode huge codebase before starting converting. It was a real help to have you by my side Andreas during these weeks of non stop development, so thank you again!
In three weeks we re-wrote more than 550,000 lines of codes, some of the 155 scripts were even completely rewrote. I never expected RageMP converting to require such a huge amount of change, but I also never expected to release with that much features working just as great as before.

We still do have lot of small bugs to fix, and while our testers worked hard to test the server all week we still have a big list of reported bugs we're going through but which are not mandatory for the release.
We also expect server crashes during the first hour of the release, so be patient with us! These crashes are always fixed when the server is being brought back online, which means everytime a crash happens the same crash will not happen again.

Everything is working just as before, except for the following (which were previously announced for most of them):

• Furniture system: RageMP isn't support moving objects and it is actually also not supporting well objects at all, thus the furniture system will be disabled until rage 0.4. All your objects will be invisible inside your properties but they are still here! No worries!
  • Lockpicking/Hotwiring games were replaced by temporary text features as the games were not supported by RageMP.
  • The /ame command is temporarely disabled, same goes for every text floating above your head except your name.
  • The health bar is always visible: this will be fixed soon.
  • The tattoos are temporarely disabled and will be fixed soon.
  • Attached animation objects are not fully synced yet: we're working on a homemade sync for them and it'll be soon ready.
  • The last DLC vehicles are currently not supported by RageMP until Rage 0.4.
  • Screenshots are homemade as Rage isn't giving any native function for it: the chat isn't saved with it. So make sure to use print. screen key to save chat!
  • XM Radio will be back soon with mp3 support!
  • Quick tip: If you're logging in with wrong outfits, change your skin back to male or female at the clothing shop.

We expect everything to be fully back to normal (except for the furniture system that isn't dependent of us) within 1 or 2 weeks maximum. However these issues will not impact much your roleplay! The bug section will be closed during that time since we already have an internal bug list we need to go through.
Now on the good side, you can finally enjoy playing with 100+ FPS, no client crashes and players up to 400!

We first focused on converting, which means adapting all our GTMP features to work on Rage. While Rage was not supporting all our features, it is also bringing lot of new things that we could not fully use yet since we were only converting. We will focus on these advantages to bring awesome new features in the upcoming weeks!

So, what's coming next thanks to RageMP?
  • First, fixing remaining bugs and features!
  • Introducing CEF bank system. (this month)
  • Introducing CEF phone system. (this month)
  • XM Radio with .mp3 song radios!
  • New nameplate system: Rage allows us to show different nameplates depending of the player. The plan is not fully discussed yet, but it could allow us to make everyone appear as stranger and let you name people by yourself so that it would show what you named on your screen instead of the player real name
  • Server side mods: New interiors, new mapping and new vehicles! Rage allows us to load server side mods for everyone to play with, thus pushing the customization very far and allowing us to add textures and new objects to our furniture system in a near future!

RageMP will definitely allow us to go further on the development, but also to host way more players than GTMP as it allows up to 400 players. The great overall performance of the game while playing on Rage will, I am sure, bring back lot of our old players. We also plan on finally starting our advertising campaign as soon as Rage 0.4 release and that our server is back stable with all its features :)

Thank you everyone for your patience, it was a great motivation to see you all still around during our down time!

P.S: We gave an extra month to all current premium donators!

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Nervous pinned and featured this topic

I am 90% sure that screenshots do work? - I posted some screens in the staff chat on discord by using F8 if im not mistaken, I took them on the Test Server. The screens where located in RageMPs folder on my #C drive. 

I can't confirm this right now, since im at work, but I will check it out later. <3

• Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic