Server-side mods! (Other suggestions welcome!)

Soupiest

Spent a lot of time to display this for you guys, I wanted to put together a gallery. Or actually three separate galleries.

Walls, floors, door trims and frames, and stairs.

(Could be used to map or even with the furniture system to build some astonishing interiors!)

Hairs.

(Both male and female, a total of 40 new additional hairstyles! + Beards.)

And last but not least, interiors.

(Though bare and empty ones. Simply to be used to construct a variety of things with one's imagination with the given preset.)

• Upvote 3
40 minutes ago, Notbond said:

Forget all these fancy mods if performance packs/improvements exist, get them!

If you don't get high FPS now, you never will. Performance improving mods only degrade the quality of the game itself. There are no shortcuts.

Edited by Marksman
6 hours ago, Notbond said:

Forget all these fancy mods if performance packs/improvements exist, get them!

Are you serious? A large majority, no- a VERY large majority of this stuff actually comes from in-game. There's only 2 or 4 hairstyles strictly modeled from 3ds than ripped from the main game and that's it. Some of the interiors are from GTA 4 as well and as far as I know, GTA 5 uses the same engine as GTA 4 so that logic applies too.

I haven't suffered a single performance drop at all, and I doubt you'd do so with models already in the game, so unless you're already lagging to bits in-game, there's no performance issues whatsoever with what I showed. If that's even a factor for some here, then I don't know what to say because GTA 5 is a demanding game. This isn't GTA SA.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Soupiest said:

Are you serious? A large majority, no- a VERY large majority of this stuff actually comes from in-game. There's only 2 or 4 hairstyles strictly modeled from 3ds than ripped from the main game and that's it. Some of the interiors are from GTA 4 as well and as far as I know, GTA 5 uses the same engine as GTA 4 so that logic applies too.

I haven't suffered a single performance drop at all, and I doubt you'd do so with models already in the game, so unless you're already lagging to bits in-game, there's no performance issues whatsoever with what I showed. If that's even a factor for some here, then I don't know what to say because GTA 5 is a demanding game. This isn't GTA SA.

Indeed. If the modders work to similar performance standards as rockstar - which a lot do, ESPECIALLY vanillaworks - there's basically no performance hit, it just takes up a little more hard drive space. The base game is 60 gigs, a couple more can't kill things if it gives a huge amount of extra variety.

• Upvote 1
On 6/26/2018 at 8:37 PM, Maybe Magpie said:

Indeed. If the modders work to similar performance standards as rockstar - which a lot do, ESPECIALLY vanillaworks - there's basically no performance hit, it just takes up a little more hard drive space. The base game is 60 gigs, a couple more can't kill things if it gives a huge amount of extra variety.

variety makes me happy in my pants

I'm totally loving this whole idea, and are supportive of most suggestions, especially the following:

• New hairstyles models for both males and females, (especially that long-beyond-shoulder-length hair.)
  • New vehicle models for government agencies.
  • New clothing models & textures.
  • New vehicle mods for already existing vehicles, (especially some of those sweet car rims I saw... God damn.)

However, along with this, I do believe that we should limit the types of mods we do add, meaning we should keep it fairly lore friendly and vanilla. Nothing too extraordinary, just more choices for the community to play around with to create a set of more unique characters, et cetera.

If it is any help, I'm a 3D modeller, texture artist, as well as an environment artist. (I've been trying to learn vehicle modelling recently.) and I'd love to get on board behind this, perhaps once a team is created for this specific reason, I'd certainly apply to be a part of it. I'd be willing to create a lot of content for the community, based on their suggestions, and see my work in-game.

Here's just a handle example of what I can produce. (Almost everything you see below was produced by me.)

Warning: Long spoiler.

Spoiler

sssa7OK.png

e4dp1cy.png

cQOSMzF.png

Gxs4TGo.png

ed26i3F.png

iX2WgbV.png

CUZNPzI.png

Zo7As5r.png

ZmjC13W.png

CGX44vB.png