Server-side mods! (Other suggestions welcome!)

Soupiest

On 6/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, Marksman said:

VanillaWorks Extended & Livery Pack

DispatchWorks

IVPack

EUP - Law & Order

EUP - Serve & Rescue

Lore-Friendly Wheels Pack

Several cosmetic improvements for MP characters including Male Hair, Female Hair, Beards, Female Faces and more.

These are just a few that are at the top of my head and more importantly in packs. There are hundreds of good mods not in packs that fit into the lore of the game with ease, especially for vehicles - Modified (or fixed), pre-existing lore vehicles. Brand new lore vehicles. Cleaned up lore vehicles. Even a civilianized Vapid Cara(Cara) or something as simple as a new trailer.

Authors like Bob322 who also works on the VanillaWorks packs, many of his mods are already in the packs. Fantastic content.

Definitely seconding this, Vanillaworks Extended and the other packs in this post are pretty frickin' good.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Maybe Magpie said:

Definitely seconding this, Vanillaworks Extended and the other packs in this post are pretty frickin' good.

Wouldn't be possible till 0.4, since both of those packs required a modified gameconfig, which also means the limits need to be modified. Though I've been told there's already a modified gameconfig/limits in the next major update.

But there's nothing more I'd like to see than this!

8 hours ago, Soupiest said:

Like this?

C3WxvPk.jpg

EHPw9sH.jpg

3882xML.jpg

FtACZPW.jpg

Took me a while to finally get this for the MP characters, and yes. All of these dreads can be used on both males AND females.

THat's exactly what I want, maybe more styles would be cool, because if there's only one actual beard, 90% of people will use it.

3 hours ago, Soupiest said:

Wouldn't be possible till 0.4, since both of those packs required a modified gameconfig, which also means the limits need to be modified. Though I've been told there's already a modified gameconfig/limits in the next major update.

But there's nothing more I'd like to see than this!

Yes. By the time we're ready to implement mods, once we've fixed all the major bugs, THEN we'll think about putting mods on I have been told, and by that point 0.4 will likely be out already (at least I'd be surprised if it took that long, considering there's a fair amount of bugs the team's working on).  If memory serves Nervous said he's focusing on getting everything working again first before adding new stuff.

Edited by Maybe Magpie
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cookiejar said:

When it comes to mapping, the server should make its own in most cases. Relying on the high quality production level of others in these mapping "mods" (they're just custom trainer files) can be problematic when talented individuals exist on the server where specific mapping can be created for the specific needs of a roleplay server.