Server-side mods! (Other suggestions welcome!)

Soupiest

8 hours ago, SolenopsisΔ said:

if only there was a mod out there for longer dreadlocks.

This any good? It's for Franklin but I can just as easy edit it to where it's for MP freemode skins.

24491b-no6.jpg

9 hours ago, Lance said:

I just want my character to have more tats and a nice thick beard. Not that LQ piece of texture we have now.

I've been working on those type of beards, I might show what they look like + with the long dreads.

7 hours ago, Marksman said:

This is incorrect. The extra files for IVPack and VanillaWorks are simply to inject these cars into singleplayer traffic. Just using the vehicles themselves as add-on vehicles (or replace in some cases where it is a direct improvement on the vanilla vehicle) is far simpler.

I've removed those type of files, just to still have issues with getting it to work on RageMP, not to mention the pack has you switching the gameconfig which isn't even possible. That's not to say it isn't impossible to get working, the cars are infact add-ons like you've stated. I'm looking into the pack more.

We must be careful with script mods, too. Many of these can simply be done via the game code instead - They're all using the same game files afterall. I'm unsure if Rage even supports such mods. In addition, I'm sure our developers can make better versions as, like I said, it all uses raw game values anyway. See VStancer for example. A fantastic mod, but poorly done. Both the UI is confusing and you can make a car unusable if you do not know what you're doing. A failsafe is mandatory with easy user interaction. Furthermore, it would have to be modified and adapted to be used only by specific parties - Mechanics at a garage most likely.

I don't think script mods are possible, but I could be wrong. And besides, scripting should be left up to the server's developers.

Gun models should be untouched too. This makes it harder for a wider variety of RP. I can't RP a Combat Pistol as a HK45ct anymore if the server has a Glock 19 mod installed. It's a limitation of freedom and should be avoided at all costs.

I agree, but it would be up to the community on how they feel about that, I can see it being a confusing situation.

All in all, we must be careful and I cannot stress that enough. An ignorant view of mods can cause disaster to the server. Vehicle add-on mods and MP ped file replacements over unused and unfitting items is fine when done properly but even this must be done with care and attention.

And try not to link the same mod that someone else has already done - Two of mine have already been relinked due to careless posting. No clothing items that have real life products either lol, that should be obvious. The same reason why we wouldn't add real life cars.

Exactly, I really don't think we should go crazy and all out on this, though people are just suggesting what they would like to see which is what the thread's asking and I like that. I think I've mentioned somewhere in my thread that modded MP clothing could in-fact replace current clothing. It's not like hair objects where there's duplicated models of them to replace. 

Most of the clothing items are replaceable to the current ones we have. I don't think adding additional clothing is entirely possible yet with the current tools and assets to put them in RageMP. 

Ah yes, I did mention that!

And finally, realistic brands. There's been quite the discussion about that, especially with the possibility to add new vehicles, (and this is just my opinion) all the vehicles should be lore-friendly. To go along with the already lore-friendly vehicles we already have. Provided by Rockstar. Same with clothes.

3 hours ago, Soupiest said:

This any good? It's for Franklin but I can just as easy edit it to where it's for MP freemode skins.

24491b-no6.jpg

I've been working on those type of beards, I might show what they look like + with the long dreads.

I've removed those type of files, just to still have issues with getting it to work on RageMP, not to mention the pack has you switching the gameconfig which isn't even possible. That's not to say it isn't impossible to get working, the cars are infact add-ons like you've stated. I'm looking into the pack more.

I don't think script mods are possible, but I could be wrong. And besides, scripting should be left up to the server's developers.

I agree, but it would be up to the community on how they feel about that, I can see it being a confusing situation.

Exactly, I really don't think we should go crazy and all out on this, though people are just suggesting what they would like to see which is what the thread's asking and I like that. I think I've mentioned somewhere in my thread that modded MP clothing could in-fact replace current clothing. It's not like hair objects where there's duplicated models of them to replace. 

Ah yes, I did mention that!

And finally, realistic brands. There's been quite the discussion about that, especially with the possibility to add new vehicles, (and this is just my opinion) all the vehicles should be lore-friendly. To go along with the already lore-friendly vehicles we already have. Provided by Rockstar. Same with clothes.

Cholo facial hair!

im_20121031_news_310319903.jpg?quality=6

Orale vato.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:22 AM, Lance said:

I just want my character to have more tats and a nice thick beard. Not that LQ piece of texture we have now.

Like this?

C3WxvPk.jpg

On 6/18/2018 at 6:24 AM, SolenopsisΔ said:

if only there was a mod out there for longer dreadlocks.

EHPw9sH.jpg

3882xML.jpg

FtACZPW.jpg

Took me a while to finally get this for the MP characters, and yes. All of these dreads can be used on both males AND females.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1