Staff Update - MAY

GTAW-rectangle.png.46ee4164df3eb9064602f89c28d7ffb0.png

Staff Update (MAY)

Well, no one can accuse this of being a boring month! May has certainly brought along its challenges for the server with the sad events that happened around GTMP. Fortunately, the development team has been hard at work and I don't think it will be very long at all till we get some good news from them. 

I would like to thank the development team for all their hard work, I have been reassured that we will most likely be getting the old script back (possibly with some new features). However, the process of converting from the old client to the new is fraught with difficulty and bugs or roadblocks could mean the schedule is pushed back or other options are looked at. We will keep you constantly updated throughout all of this. 

The other big piece of news that has been circulating today: Kota, leaving the staff team and resigning as COP. Personally, I'm sad to see Kota go from the community and I thank Kota for being respectful in the way he left. All of Kota's staff work will be taken over by myself, Ike and Hemmax. As some people are requesting we comment on this publicly @Nervous has written a few words: 

As many of you have noticed, Kota is no longer a part of the staff team. It's never easy letting anyone go, especially someone like Kota whos shown not only dedication like no one else, but has also been an extremely valuable member of not only the staff team but the community as a whole. We've recently had some disagreements internally within the staff team, that stemmed from the recent community meeting and other events. I won't go into too much detail as I respect Kota's privacy, but I have to remind everyone that our rules and our code of conduct applies to everyone, management included. The server has its own roots and values, and a management member knows that joining this role can be unfair and unrewarding: You speak for the server owner, managers and administrators during public or staff restricted events, and thus you need to hold the values and standards that we expect from a management member.

Kota was one of these people that you never forget even If you only talked online, his constant joy made lot of you a fan of him and it was great having him around. He will definitely be missed, but as you all know I am a man of process and applying the same rules for everyone, friends or not. We value transparency and openness, so curious individuals should feel free to message Hemmax or me regarding our decision, and we'll be glad to elaborate.

Edit: Nevermind, he deleted the entire PD / Teamspeak forum. Will not be missed.

Many of you are awaiting the server opening on Rage: This is coming very soon. We are in the testing / debug phase of the converted game mode, so all the code is now ported, which was most of the work! See you soon.

I wish everyone a great month of June and hope to see you back on the server soon! If anyone has any questions about anything above, don't hesitate to PM me. 

- Notbond 

Now we've finished with the news this month's staff updates:

Game Admin Level 3 -> Management

@Dominykas.

Welcome to your new position as Head of Player Management! Dominykas would like to explain his new role so please read the following message from him: 

As most of you probably know, I was one of the Management members during the launch of GTA World. I've reinstated a month ago and now Nervous has offered me to come back to the Management team. Prior to my promotion, I was Head of Illegal Factions and during this time we have made several changes to the FM in order to ensure roleplay quality exists. Now as Management I will be aiming to do the same - we've already received several complains about specific players instead of whole factions, even though it is not Faction Management's duty to handle such things, I will be handling specific reports against players for now. Hopefully, in the future, I will be working in a player management team, who will ensure that players are up to certain standards as well.

Game Admin Level 1 (Reinstatement)

@Jordan Kelly

@kilerbite

Junior Developer -> Full Game Developer

@matical

@-Andreas

New Testers:

@Rheotic

@Atiku

@Eyebrows

@Pascal

@Late

Reserved Testers: 

Yazum
Flow
Justitiae
WongSax
Bash

Commiserations to all those who were denied and a big welcome to all the new testers, please contact me so that I can properly induct you into the team.  If you were put as reserved please contact me so you know what to work on for next month when your eligibility for the team will be re-evaluated. If you are not on this list of reserved testers, you are not reserved even if you were put on reserved in a previous update. We only keep people the list for a very short period of time.

Edited by kilerbite
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic