Gruppe 6 Faction - The Mobile Robbery Option (and extra job)

Rekhoem

Short description:  Today in Discord, we started talking about scripted robberies and how they are not providing RP. So I came with an Idea: Make the transport of money a job, that contains refilling ATMs by driving to them with the armored transporters.

Detailed description: This is meant to provide an opportunity for people not willing or able to engage in law enforcement or similiar to get a job for their Characters, and thus a stable income. It will also give people another opportunity to quickly engage in crime - by preying upon a transport, or following it until it stops for the ATM-Refill. "BUT REK, noone wants to get CKd on a Job!!!"That's right, but ask yourself: Is it not nonsense to kill a driver if you could take them hostage instead? Use them to keep the Police away, and release them because doing such a robbery without mask is just stupid? If people here really are that blood thirsty, it might need a rule change.

But I am striving off: This basically relies on ATMs getting scripted to only hold a limited amount of cash, like 5000- or 25000-ish. G6-Drivers would be able to identify the empty ATMs and move to refill them. To keep them Busy, ATMs should be routinely refilled every 2  or 3 days, on the entire map, with the money source being the union depository, which will also act as a HQ for the faction. 

Drivers would come equipped with a Standard issue pistol and armor vest, or an SMG like the MP5-Copy for the co-driver. 

Refilling the ATMs will require the crew to stop their vehicle near it, the Co-Driver providing security whilethe actual driver takes the money out of the vehicle and takes it to the ATM. This time window will also be the perfect time for the robbery to take place.

More details to come, im at the doctor rn

Commands to add:

/checkatmcount - Displays the amount of ATMs filled below and over 50% as two separate numbers

/shownextatm - Displays the route to the next ATM in need of a refill by putting a marker there.

/g6takecase - Takes a case of money (25k) either out of the vehicle, the ATM or the union depository.

/g6depositcase - Inserts a case and it's contents into the Vehicle, the ATM, or the Depository.

/g6911 - Notifies the Law enforcement of the location and gives a pre-made message about help being requested.

/g6caseunlock - Opens a case and turns it into a amount of money equal to what was inside the case. (Might be abused)

Items to add: Gruppe 6 Moneycase, Gruppe 6 Vault, Union Depository Interior (?).

How would your suggestion improve the server? Providing a way of robbery that comes with the need for much better planning, but also a much higher reward than a shop robbery. It also provides another line of job for people to work in.

Additionnal information: Apparently this sounds like a feature aimed only at giving another heist possibility, but no - it should also offer a new line of jobs. Given the amount of ATMs around Los Santos, there will always be something to do for the characters working this job, which means they won't be going to have to idle around. They get to plan their routes, execute them, and take responsibility should something go wrong. It adds a dynamic job, without the stress of a police-, firefighter- or paramedic-styled work.

The G6 Faction could, should this work out, also provide private security services, as in: Hireable security guards. 

Edited by Rekhoem

This is one of those ideas that seem great on paper and could also create some amazing movie style Heist RP. If it's done properly. And therein lies the hook. What would essentially happen is that the Money Truck would be robbed every time it goes out. In fact I imagine there being a queue of gangs lining up to be the first to rob it.

Now as long as everyone involved is OK with this kind of scenario, then there isn't a problem. However, how would the Truck Driver role-play being held up at gunpoint every single time s/he goes out? Let's say s/he survives the first three. The fourth time out, that driver is gonna be packing a shotgun/SMG and be completely ready to use it. In fact, I'd say a bit too keen. This kind of scenario has the potential to escalate quickly to the point where it's  gonna be a gun siege every time.

Again, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. But with crazy gun fights come the complaints.

I'm all for Heist RP. And @Rekhoem is definitely on to something with the idea. But I think it should fall under Group Robbery in the rules and be pre-agreed upon and admin supervised.

I'd vote yes, with very specific conditions.

• Upvote 2

Having it scripted could become very complicated very quickly for no good reason. The people / gangs who would like to attempt an armored truck robbery are very few and those who would actually do it are even fewer. Unlike in movies, taking down those is extremely complicated, and most recent robberies of that kind have actually involved complex strategies (like taking hostages in distant locations, and such). Pointing a gun at it is a guarantee you will get either arrested or killed, most of the time. 

I'm all in favor of heists, but if they're planned intelligently and done with some proper preparation RP. But most definitely not in a scripted or semi-scripted manner =/ 

3 hours ago, Topinambour said:

I'm all in favor of heists, but if they're planned intelligently and done with some proper preparation RP. But most definitely not in a scripted or semi-scripted manner =/ 

The scripting is mainly aimed at offering a new kind of civilian job that does not involve sitting on a desk for eight hours.

The Drivers themselves would be free to plan and execute their own routes, which would give the job a bit of dynamic and change, whithout having the drivers rush everywhere like it would be the case if you are a doctor or a police officer.

Otherwise someone could just spawn in a truck, drive around and wait to be boomed.

EDITED THREAD: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Edited by Rekhoem

Sounds too much like a cops&robbers. Not necessary and not fit for a hard roleplay server in my opinion. If you want to do "heists" like the ones mentioned by you, you can try reaching for an online admin to help you out and even pay you.

• Upvote 1

This would be a nice idea, though the server with its current player base can't support something like this to have fairness on both sides. As mentioned above the truck would get robbed every time and the government would simply begin to close up all ATM's and give the ability to only withdraw at one bank only. :D

No thanks, I'd much rather people don't rely on scripts for robbery. If you have a faction centred around heisting, you should slowly develop into getting admin permissions to carry out robberies like this rather than allowing anyone to just randomly attempt these as is the case with 24/7 robberies. Being able to actually plan and carry out attacks with admin permission leads to better roleplay and stops the server looking more like a light rp or cops and robbers server where lots of people carry out lots of robberies relying on a script rather than roleplay. I don't want to make a slippery slope argument, but I'm concerned that such as a system may also set a precident for more RPG/script features being prioritised over roleplay in the future too.

Edited by Atiku
10 hours ago, HypnoSe said:

Sounds too much like a cops&robbers. Not necessary and not fit for a hard roleplay server in my opinion. If you want to do "heists" like the ones mentioned by you, you can try reaching for an online admin to help you out and even pay you.

Pretty much said exactly what I'm thinking. This sounds exactly like something you'd see in HZG/Crazybob's, and GTAW is advertised as Heavy RP so I don't really see a reason to implement this - seeing as regardless of the RP level it was held to, it would probably be abused, unfair or unrealistic.

Having illegal features scripted draws in a much larger number of people wanting to do them, which could mean everyone and their nan starts to act as professional truck thieves. People have suggested cooldowns to circumvent this, but that just creates a 'magical OOC barrier' over roleplay to protect abuse. Speaking of abuse, this sort of thing is too hard to police from an admin perspective, it can be very easily abused by friends 'conveniently' taking a certain route to get robbed by people they know. 

Scripted activities also dictate how an activity should be done, instead of letting people be creative with their roleplay approach. By automating a task with the script, it says "this is how this activity is done", rather than letting people come up with their own method.

It's better to handle this stuff through roleplay instead of through the script. Players could make a group based around robberies, and spent a long time planning how to hit a truck and execute it as a heist by getting admin consent + support. @Daveed and I did something similar on SAMP (except for a bank robbery, which has similarly been suggested to be scripted), we spent several months working our way up through petty thefts to business robberies, building a rep on the forums, before getting admin consent to rob the bank. This was all done through roleplay, no additional robbery script was needed:

• Upvote 1