New non-english board.

Rheotic

So, as the title suggests. A new board for all non-english speakers to interact with those who speak the same language and discuss, talk about whatever.

It's a pretty simple suggestion, straight to the point.

Though, for each non-english section there must be a moderator to filter out all the bullshit that people may post there, or to maintain a conversation that got out of hand.

Could easily and quickly end up helping with further clique'ing and balkanizing the community, based on language. Not sure about this. Maybe it would be fine... but it could end up really wrong, without adding much. I'd say the "pros and cons" balance is leaning violently towards the cons =/ 

Edited by Topinambour

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

On a serious note though, I don't think this should be needed as members speaking the same language already have formed groups and interact with eachother OOCly.

Edited by 2Frsh

Alright. I'm very much so aware that this is an English server, hence why the board is called non-english. I don't understand the issue with "clique-ing" up with those who speak the same language as you, almost every single person on this server has a group of friends and they roleplay together when they wish, or form a faction. Obviously that doesn't mean that they won't interact with other people, there are cliques everywhere, and I believe every person would rather have a group of people to roleplay with most of the time instead of being by himself.

Now, the non-english board would be obviously pretty useless to English speaking people, so I guess that's why you claim that it's useless, @Lance. And I understand that, but for other people who don't speak English those non-english boards could be really useful. As for somebody who doesn't speak English very well, he could simply open a new thread in his language and ask anything that concerns him. Or just any thread that revolves around their country and such.

Now as for what @2Frsh claimed.

Believe it or not, I have met the first person who speaks the same language as me just a couple of days ago, now I am on this server since November 2017. 

I don't think people that actually wanted to meet people who speak the same language would want to search forever and have to guess whether they are Russian or whatever country they're from.

I don't see much ways how this would harm the server really. Of course there would be moderators when things go wrong and people do something against the rules in their section.

english isnt my native language and i still cant see why is it needed? you can just make a “where are you from?” thread and if you end up with people who are in same country then just create a private discord server for that and gather them up not a big deal lol

There's several pros and cons to cover under this topic and in general the reasoning behind it.

Some of the pros are being able to find people of the same background / culture to befriend and speak to, being able to expand friendships and discover other people in the community who are alike, and so forth. As for someone who is not of English origin, talking in another language may be easier and more preferred to some more than others and so this section could be used for that.

However then we have to look at the cons, too. Firstly each section would require moderation of some sort, perhaps a moderator that speaks the language of the forum section. Another thing is... as mentioned above, we're an English speaking server however I don't see a reason why the community can't bond in small groups.

There aren't so many cons really, however here's what I'd suggest, leading on from what someone has said, make a topic titled "Where are you from?". I could in fact make this topic, and make the main post have a few spoilers as like a... Master list for example.

Spoiler 1 could be titled "Poland" and consist of names of players who are from Poland such as myself.

Spoiler 2 for example can be American, and so on and so on.

This way players of the same origin / background could easily reach and find each other.

I'm in support of the primary suggestion, and if it doesn't get accepted I'm down to make the mentioned topic.

Edited by Lionhearted
10 hours ago, Rheotic said:

But for other people who don't speak English those non-english boards could be really useful.

Those people wouldn't get to play on the server in the first place. RageMP(for example) forums have it, because it's a forum for the client, client is full of English, Spanish, German servers so there's a place for each language. This is an English speaking server, has nothing to do with Spain or Gemany so it's not needed at all. I'm quite sure, Spanish/German servers don't have anything for English speaking players either.

As I said, if you don't speak English or you're very bad at it, you won't be even able to join the server, making this suggestion fairly useless.

If people are looking for some friends there's always an option to set ''Location'' under your forum profile, so people will see who's from the same country or speak the same language, there's also a place for players to introduce themselves where they can also mention that they are looking for someone from the same country.

Edited by Lance
  • Upvote 1