New non-english board.

Rheotic

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Those people wouldn't get to play on the server in the first place. RageMP(for example) forums have it, because it's a forum for the client, client is full of English, Spanish, German servers so there's a place for each language. This is an English speaking server, has nothing to do with Spain or Gemany so it's not needed at all. I'm quite sure, Spanish/German servers don't have anything for English speaking players either.

As I said, if you don't speak English or you're very bad at it, you won't be even able to join the server, making this suggestion fairly useless.

If people are looking for some friends there's always an option to set ''Location'' under your forum profile, so people will see who's from the same country or speak the same language, there's also a place for players to introduce themselves where they can also mention that they are looking for someone from the same country.

If there are people from outside of the US, obviously it's got to do something with people who are not from the US as they are members of the community.

You see, theres a difference between a foreign language server and an English server. English is an international language, people from many countries speak it fluently just like the rest of this community. And just because this is an English server doesn't mean it's not supposed to have a non-english section. It's an international language, people who come from different countries speak that language. So I don't see a reason why an English server shouldn't have a non-english section just because other foreign servers don't have one.

Now as to what you suggested, going into somebody's profile and searching for their location. That's probably something somebody would never do unless they're really interested in the person, and why do that when you could have an easy alternative such as a non-english section?

I was not addressing people with really bad English, I was talking about people with moderate English and that can interact with other people normally. And if we're giving servers as an example, take LSRP as a great example. They're the biggest English server out there and still got a non-english section. You probably wonder why, I think it's because the majority of the players on LSRP are not in fact from the US.

As a native English speaker I know it's easy for me to say that this is an English server so it should be 100% English. And while I don't necessarily disapprove of something like non-English threads, cos I do understand that sometimes, someone wants to think and just "be" in their native language, I do have a hard time agreeing with creating something that would intentionally lock out players.

I know it's not really the same thing, but would you approve a thread that only allowed IPs from the UK or USA?

3 minutes ago, Pan Grama said:

As a native English speaker I know it's easy for me to say that this is an English server so it should be 100% English. And while I don't necessarily disapprove of something like non-English threads, cos I do understand that sometimes, someone wants to think and just "be" in their native language, I do have a hard time agreeing with creating something that would intentionally lock out players.

I know it's not really the same thing, but would you approve a thread that only allowed IPs from the UK or USA?

I'm not saying we should go that far and block out IPs of certain countries. Everyone should be able to access that section. I know people who speak the same language as me but they live overseas so I don't think that would be a good idea.

Edited by Rheotic

Okay, so I've just found out about the Clubs option in the forums. Now I find it very interesting, what do people preffer a closed group for people who speak the same language or a section for all people to see? 

If I saw the Clubs option earlier I might've not created this thread, though I will not back down from this suggestion and wait until an admin responds to this, but the Clubs are a pretty cool alternative and that puts the non-english section to the side. 

7 hours ago, Lance said:

Still think it's useless. Make a club or something if you want to speak your native language that bad.

It's not that I want to speak my native language so badly, it's just that I think it could be useful in the community. The reason it may seem I want it so bad is mainly because I'm defending what I claimed in my suggestion, that's all. This wouldn't really benefit me in any way apart from bringing people who speak the same language together. shrug

GTAW has plans for other and has other (such as a Spanish server) servers, for other languages. Although most other languages won't be covered by this, issues around moderation mean that this is very hard to maintain for a community of our size and I don't feel it is practical at this time. 

I will leave this thread open in case anyone else has something to say on the matter. 

• Upvote 1