Add IVPack (and Vanillaworks) vehicles - lore friendly

Haitian

Short description: Add the vehicles from the IVPack and Vanillaworks mods to give a wider selection of lore-friendly vehicles to players. 

Detailed description: Adding the aforementioned vehicles could be a fantastic addition to the server especially now that a move to RageMP is currently being developed. This mod adds a large variety of vehicles from previous Grand Theft Auto games into GTA V, all with modifications, correct deformation, working interiors, engine sounds, yada yada. Everything works. 

It is important to realise that these vehicles are lore friendly. In the case of IVPack, They are all converted from GTA IV or in some cases, San Andreas. In the case of Vanillaworks, they are simply new cars created with pre-existing GTA V models, or new models entirely. These modifications are both created by the same authors and are immensely popular, giving them quality control. The point is, these vehicles all 'fit in', it's not like adding a Subaru or a Volvo or whatever. 

For instance, if I now wanted to purchase a 'gang' or 'beater' vehicle, I could purchase a Uranus, a Willard, the old style (90's) Premier, the original Sabre, the list goes on, unlike the somewhat limited selection at present. 

The only problem that could arise is the download(s), which are around 200 MB for each I believe. Now, for me, that takes around 10 seconds give or take, however I can imagine that for some people it can take an hour or two, which could be an issue. I guess that's why we have suggestions in the first place. 

Another problem is that really, I don't actually know if this is possible. I mean, from what I've read on the RageMP wiki along with their forums, it seems possible however on such a large scale I'm not sure. 

Commands to add: None, really. Just add the vehicles to the dealerships. I've looked on the RageMP wiki and it appears to be possible to spawn and use add-on vehicles.

Items to add: The vehicles in the packs.  

How would your suggestion improve the server? Increase immersion, roleplay possibilities. 

Additional information: Here is IVPack, Here is Vanillaworks. 

I do realise that adding such a feature is a large undertaking and also understand concerns that it is too big of a download, etc. However, I think that given that the server is currently in the process of moving over to Rage, it is an (almost) perfect time to consider adding this, as it can be built in to the script rather than just added as an afterthought, etc like if we were still using GT-MP. Having said that, I have no idea how scripting works. 

Edited by Haitian
  • Upvote 6
4 minutes ago, Lance said:

On FiveM, it would be easy. Don't think it was possible on gtmp and I'm not sure about ragemp, if it was possible, would be interesting.

It's possible and can be done from what I heard since there's quite a bit of servers on Rage I think that have server-owned mods.

A bit of an old thread on RageMP but it confirms it here.

https://rage.mp/forums/topic/1186-rage-multiplayer-033-public-release/

Just now, Soupiest said:

It's possible and can be done from what I heard since there's quite a bit of servers on Rage I think that have server-owned mods.

A bit of an old thread on RageMP but it confirms it here.

https://rage.mp/forums/topic/1186-rage-multiplayer-033-public-release/

Then there's another thing, performance, if it doesn't affect it much. But we should add more GTA V cars before adding anything else.

Then there's another thing, performance, if it doesn't affect it much. But we should add more GTA V cars before adding anything else.

In a way, they could considerably be GTA 5 cars, as they're exactly both from the same era and same engine even. Unless they got heavy detailed edits as they were imported in.

However it's a different story if it were real-life vehicles. I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Just now, Soupiest said:

In a way, they could considerably be GTA 5 cars, as they're exactly both from the same era and same engine even. Unless they got heavy detailed edits as they were imported in.

However it's a different story if it were real-life vehicles. I don't know how I'd feel about that.

In my opinion, if we added real life cars, everything should be replaced with real mods, kills the immersion having BMW and Sentinel in the same city. So adding remaining GTA V cars and then adding some more GTA IV ones, it could work.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, if we added real life cars, everything should be replaced with real mods, kills the immersion having BMW and Sentinel in the same city. So adding remaining GTA V cars and then adding some more GTA IV ones, it could work.

Exactly. The last thing I'd wanna see is that type of lore breaking. I've always RP'd according to lore but some people have always RP'd real life brands so this would be a confusing subject. Especially when going about implementing this. We should probably have in mind with what we'd wanna do. Do we really wanna introduce real life brands into the server with vehicles based on said real life brands with server-owned mods?

Or do we wanna stick to the GTA lore? Maybe an exception having real life brands, with only sudden GTA lore elements? Not enough to break immersion between the two. I think we should open up a community vote or something regarding this. I'd be interested to see what others would think. This thread alone opens more questions and a bit more concerns.

Just now, Soupiest said:

Exactly. The last thing I'd wanna see is that type of lore breaking. I've always RP'd according to lore but some people have always RP'd real life brands so this would be a confusing subject. Especially when going about implementing this. We should probably have in mind with what we'd wanna do. Do we really wanna introduce real life brands into the server with vehicles based on said real life brands with server-owned mods?

Or do we wanna stick to the GTA lore? Maybe an exception having real life brands, with only sudden GTA lore elements? Not enough to break immersion between the two. I think we should open up a community vote or something regarding this. I'd be interested to see what others would think. This thread alone opens more questions and a bit more concerns.

Don't even need a voting, this is GTA and it should stay this way. Overall i'm not against having real life brands, but it's so much work replacing everything, easier is to keep everything GTA. And I agree, I sell alcohol ICly,some people ask for Corona. That's really annoying because everyone is RPing different stuff, some people also sell cars like ''Selling Nissan'' when selling their elegy, same goes for drinks, city names, street names, everything.

lol keep GTA lore cars, and RageMP has the option to enable server-sided mods which will download whilst joining the server.

e:

also im p sure ur forgetting that this is GRAND THEFT AUTO ROLEPLAY??????? not real life roleplay, we roleplay within the GTA lore, not the real life lore

Edited by hank
2 hours ago, Soupiest said:

You clearly didn't read what he said or looked at the mod. The cars are vehicles from GTA IV and SA converted to GTA V, not real life brands.

• Upvote 1