More Vespucci Canal Houses

3 hours ago, Arteh said:

More houses saturate the market, most people currently can't really afford the houses on the canals either. It was first come first served - and the prices reflected that. If more houses are available, the market price will fall - less than week from when they were launched. 

That's unfair on players who spent the time to go there, search the area and buy at a premium price the 'limited' houses. Not only that, but look at the current number of unoccupied houses; 

3bb05841fead96f0ff38f2950c5a19dd.jpg

There are SO MANY for sale - fill these up first before wanting more and more. 

Again though, that's kinda the point. So the prices won't later become inflated further and so that everyone has a fair chance of owning a house in the area they want. Realtors can still profit off these homes but only by so much, and players who wanna live in Vespucci or at least in a high-end area, will be given a chance to finally own one.

3 hours ago, Arteh said:

More houses saturate the market, most people currently can't really afford the houses on the canals either. It was first come first served - and the prices reflected that. If more houses are available, the market price will fall - less than week from when they were launched. 

That's unfair on players who spent the time to go there, search the area and buy at a premium price the 'limited' houses. Not only that, but look at the current number of unoccupied houses; 

There are SO MANY for sale - fill these up first before wanting more and more. 

The point is to saturate the market people people keep hoovering up nice houses and trying to jack up the prices because there's a lot of demand and not enough supply in certain areas. People want to also be able to own houses in popular areas and it's clear that Vespucci is popular at the minute. You'd be surprised about how much attention Vespucci Canal houses get, people were swarming around the one that @norrig announced would be put back on the market trying to snag it. Similarly, if there are few players capable of affording them, they wouldn't have sold really, really fast when implemented.

I don't see why more houses would be "unfair." It's not like you lose out by other people being able to buy houses, really you'd gain from it by having more neighbours to interact and RP with. Similarly, it's not a skillful thing or anything like that to have been able to get one, it was pure luck to have been able to snag one in the minutes after they were added.

Furthermore, in regards to the unoccupied houses, there's one in Vespucci Canal for sale that got added today, but I would be really surprised if it were still for sale by tonight. Similarly, the other Vespucci houses are either tiny motel interior flats or in Vespucci 13 territory, the houses in Chamberlain/Davis/Rancho only have an appeal to certain players, the Hawick houses aren't very popular because they're out of the way and not much happens there, while finally there's the Mirror Park houses where theres still some demand.

Therefore, I don't think it is right to demand for there to be more house sales before more added to Vespucci as there's a clear demand for it over other areas.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding a few more properties in the canals, but as I mentioned before I will not add any new properties to the server, only move / delete existing. We have too many unsold to just keep stacking more and more properties.

Give me a concrete example of some unused in another area we can move, and we'll take it from there.

To the people suggesting we should just add any house / allow requests, I don't believe that's a good idea. The map is objectively too large for our playerbase, so we have to keep players somewhat centralized, especially to be considerate to new players joining. A roleplay server where you can't find any people wouldn't be much of a roleplay server. We need each other to roleplay, spreading out too far isn't beneficial for anyone besides "group rp'ers". 

Don't forget that Vespucci was added about a week ago, we need to see how it evolves and matures before we start something new and big again.

@Atiku's post makes some excellent points. If we remain at a small number of houses on the server, real estate players have the ability to totally dominate the popular property due to lack of supply. Flooding LS with property will mean there is something available to everyone, and it is much harder for real estate to lock houses behind a high price. 

Property team's decision to not add anymore houses as less than half of them have been bought may seem logical ("why add more houses if they will just go unbought?"), but I think there's a reason why we are seeing this current trend: many of the current houses have little demand.

Take a look at the map:

4 hours ago, Arteh said:

Where are the bulk of the houses placed? In Alta and South LS, which I think is the core of the reason why many houses sit unsold. Think about it: many characters are middle class, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to have a house in a low income area (where the majority of houses are). Street characters make up a minority on the server, so many of these houses in South LS will remain unpurchased. Alta is suffering from lack of demand because there is very simply nothing interesting to do there, there is very little in the way of business locations compared to other areas, and not many places to hangout around.

So what does this mean? Just because the numbers/statistics overwhelmingly say many properties are not being purchased, the context of the properties need to be looked at. It is incredibly obvious these properties in Alta and South LS will continue to go unpurchased for a long time, I don't think GTA W should delay in adding new properties because the current areas are undesirable. If this situation continues, many roleplay areas will remain unused (i.e. some incredible Asian gangs could be built in Little Seoul), which is a waste of potential.

IMO -  expansion shouldn't be avoided because the current areas are unpopular, it should be done to add more roleplay areas + opportunity, and greatly increase supply to stop real estate from totally controlling the minority of housing currently available. 

Edited by Pascal
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Airwolf said:

A lot of the houses are in areas that some people don't want to live at, because of gang ratio for example in Rancho. There are a lot of apartments for sale in Hawick that no one seems to be using as well.. Same as with Sandy Shores. I think we could easily spread some of those  houses more around the map. Not focus on Vespucci only, but add some houses around the whole map.

And the fun part is that there ARE apartments in Hawick/Alta that people would want, but they're not scripted in :'(