More Vespucci Canal Houses

Guest Ingram

More houses are indeed needed, I don't want to be rude to the administration but if it would be depended on me I'd work a little bit more organized, consider with management team an area you wish to open properties for sale with a legit price and interior, and do a full work done and set the entire area for sale. Right now it doesn't work this way.

17 hours ago, Lance said:

No from me. We already added a lot of houses in Vespucci and half of them were for sale the next day. If you want one, try to buy from another player. But I don't see any reason to add more.

1. If we add more, people will once again gather around the houses to buy it quickly and sell the next day(0 rp). If you have RP reason to own a house there, contact others.
2. There's already a lot of houses in Vespucci, plus players are selling them all the time.

3. Houses were added in Vespucci because some of the other houses not owned by the players were removed(for example vinewood), so we removed some houses and added as many in Vespucci since people asked for it. Some of low end houses are not sold(probably because they don't get as much profit when re-selling), no need to add more.

I personally feel as though there should be more Vespucci houses, however biggest problem right know is that the demand for Vespucci houses is just too high and numerous players are exploiting that. The problem with continue whether or not the houses are not added or if they are added in piecemeal way. What really needs to happen is something that prevents or disincentivize players from being able to hoard the houses and there are numerous strategies that could be used to enable this:

1) I have discussed on another thread potentially having the remainder of houses in Vespucci could be applied for on the forums.

23 hours ago, Atiku said:

The rest of the houses in the Vespucci area could be applied for on the forums so people who actually want to RP can purchase a house rather than having the job-grinding vultures come in and seize up the rest of the houses as there's still a good few mid-high tier houses that haven't been added. Rather than bidding with cash like it were an auction, I'm saying that there should be a post saying "this house his for sale and here's the cost" and then people would submit applications for the houses OOCly to buy them

The apps should mean that the player is charged the same amount as they would be IG but it would allow the remaining houses to be distributed on an RP basis, rather than a first come first served basis. It wouldn't be a case of having to say "I will be roleplaying with my house 24/7" but it would allow property management to guarantee that not all the houses were brought out by generic "rich" characters who want to jack up the prices and sell them on without ever RPing in the house and would ensure RPers could houses rather than property investors and their friends.

This raises the question of how do you judge if someone for their RP? You don't have to too much really, the simple existance of the application process hopefully means that people would hog these properties up because then sell them because they'd had to apply for them and this would mean that there'd possibly be repercussions for claiming your character would RP loads with a house and then flogging it for double the price the next day, as people did with the current houses.

This obviously isn't a perfect solution, but when the rest of the Vespucci houses are added the same vulturing and people prioritising a virtual currency over RP will happen again if it's done in the same way, at least in my opinion.

bid for them on the forums with cash, I'm saying that there should be a post saying "this house his for sale and here's the cost" and then people would submit applications for the houses OOCly to buy them.

2) There is also the idea to weaken the incentive to buy houses as investments by reducing the sell back to market function to somewhere between 60% - 90% as players are no longer making risk-free investements and may hesistate rather than snapping up properties like vultures. In the past I've not really been keen on this idea, but seeing as how the server population is both growing and how players beginning to hoard assets this could be a way to combat this, although last time it was discussed I remember it not being that popular.

3) There could be a tax levied against the profits players make from selling houses which means that hoarding houses or buying them as investment opportunities becomes simply pointless. This might not be popular with people who are really into the virtual currency; however, it's harming the server's roleplay as people want to be able to RP in a new popular area without paying for a house with a jacked up price. Until the supply massively outweights the demand, this could be a viable strategy.

4) In a similar vein, capping the resale price of the house, as @Ingram mentioned here may also be a way to lessen the impact that people reselling property has. While this could be a good solution, part of me is concerned with how this may need to scale up with the server's inflation over time if it is tied to the house's baseprice.

5) The final option that I believe could be implemented is simply defeating the demand through massively increasing supply. Simply, add enough houses or apartments within the area to mean that if someone wants to sell their home, they would need to offer a fair price or else the buyer will simply go to an unowned house and buy it. There are a few low class houses still available but I think many people are avoiding these through IC fear of Vespucci 13, which is good to see. However, there's quite a lot of houses within the area that haven't been added away from the gang area and that are mid-high end. Furthermore, if buildings such as these were added with many apartments inside you'd be able to kill the demand and allow players to live in the Vespucci area where the hotspot is without there being fears of the new houses being snapped up:

Buildings.png

Ultimately, I think that there needs to be more houses being added to the Vespucci area; however, there needs to be a way to ensure that these aren't all bought up within minutes and being sold the next day for profit and have outlined several ways that this could be achieved. I personally feel as though option five is possibly the best, as it wouldn't have a long term impact on the server and as it's likely the playerbase will grow over the summer and the existing playerbase will get richer due to a lot of players having more freetime over the summer, it would be best to see what developments occur to the market over the summer before a long-term solution is worked on as the nature of the property market may change signficantly in the coming months.

TL;DR for the time being, I feel it would be best to oversaturate the Vespucci, and possibly surrounding areas, with lots of houses to allow players to buy houses within the new hot spot and prevent players from being able to buy up the houses to flip as the supply will outstrip the demand.

Edited by Atiku
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Soupiest said:

Yes, someone understands. Give this guy here a cookie.

I just HATE the idea of just secluding homes in one location, or even the fact that we have to wait till so-and-so puts down 4 or 5 houses where we can either have what Stefan simply suggested or we can have them requested via a request on the forums or something along those lines.

This IS CALLED GTA WORLD after all, and not Vespucci Roleplay.

I'd prefer not adding any more houses anywhere(There might be few exceptions), because people do not care about having a house that fits their character, around 80% of mid-high end houses are used as another moneymaking method. I don't want to run around the map adding more houses just to see that all people give a crap about is virtual currency. Re-selling is fine. But there should be a limit. IF we add more houses, they will be low end with a low re-selling possibility.

52 minutes ago, Lance said:

I'd prefer not adding any more houses anywhere(There might be few exceptions), because people do not care about having a house that fits their character, around 80% of mid-high end houses are used as another moneymaking method.

Adding more homes isn't such a bad idea as you may think, and even @Atiku expressed this in his very detailed made post right just above yours, if I'm understanding him correctly. He's even gone as far as to make some good points and some pretty great statements regarding the matter. I mean just at the very end, he sums it up perfectly.

2 hours ago, Atiku said:

TL;DR for the time being, I feel it would be best to oversaturate the Vespucci, and possibly surrounding areas, with lots of houses to allow players to buy houses within the new hot spot and prevent players from being able to buy up the houses to flip as the supply will outstrip the demand.

If you really think people are simply not buying homes to catering to their roleplay, then why was the location requested in the first place with a large majority wanting the area? I've ran across quite a bit of roleplay ever since the area became active.

Not very much but just a bit for me to say that there's RP to be found around the Canals with people specifically not wanting to sell the home over for just a quick buck and there's COMPLETELY nothing wrong with that. In-fact, to say that it's not roleplay is false in my opinion. As soon as an advertisement is made regarding said property, and as soon as there's some RP interaction between two parties, then there's roleplay initiated. I think you're getting the wrong idea.

52 minutes ago, Lance said:

I don't want to run around the map adding more houses just to see that all people give a crap about is virtual currency. Re-selling is fine. But there should be a limit. IF we add more houses, they will be low end with a low re-selling possibility.

And I agree that it shouldn't be dealt that way. If anything, I think it should be applicable via the forums where it's just a simple house request. Though that also still doesn't mean houses can still be put all over for the sake of having them there, and if there's still non-scripted or placed down houses then those could potentially be requested. 

Edited by Soupiest

Here we go with another houses thread... What really annoys me about houses is people just want to buy them and sell them to make money where-as I want to buy one in my own hood... To RP with in my own hood instead of buying one across the city which serves me 0% purpose... Quite frustrating at times when somebody who RP's a gangster from the hood doesn't have a house in their own area but has one at Vespucci beach? Why...

• Upvote 1

More houses saturate the market, most people currently can't really afford the houses on the canals either. It was first come first served - and the prices reflected that. If more houses are available, the market price will fall - less than week from when they were launched. 

That's unfair on players who spent the time to go there, search the area and buy at a premium price the 'limited' houses. Not only that, but look at the current number of unoccupied houses; 

3bb05841fead96f0ff38f2950c5a19dd.jpg

There are SO MANY for sale - fill these up first before wanting more and more. 

Edited by Arteh

A lot of the houses are in areas that some people don't want to live at, because of gang ratio for example in Rancho. There are a lot of apartments for sale in Hawick that no one seems to be using as well.. Same as with Sandy Shores. I think we could easily spread some of those  houses more around the map. Not focus on Vespucci only, but add some houses around the whole map.

• Applaud 1

Why not just add every house at this point and let the players themselves decide where to live! If Rancho is all you can afford then you'll have to suffer out the gangs and live in Rancho until you can make money and move. Or rent!

• Upvote 1