Taser notification [auto /me and drunken effect.]

Short description: 

Taser /me auto command and drunk effect maybe a drunk walk.

Detailed description:

So I have this idea in my head. Every time I tase someone while on duty with my stun gun They just get back up sometimes and just keep doing whatever they were doing like running or getting in a car and driving off. That is just not realistic and play to win. Which is why I think we need an automated /me command and maybe a drunken effect so The person who is running away would know he has been hit by a taser and he should Roleplay accordingly.

So it could be something like this.

Officer/Deputy shoots the taser the server registers a hit and pops up a /do NAME SURNAME would be hit by a taser with 50 000 Volts at 26Watts.

This is what Taser CO says about the effects:

Commands to add:

/me/do would be hit by taser sending 50 000 Volts to their body incapacitating the muscle actions or something of sorts.

Items to add:

Drunken effect maybe and limping animation

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would benefit both Police and Suspects roleplay by making clear that the person is tased and they would know what to do and how to roleplay the actions properly. Cause right of now there is no clear understanding when someone is tased or it was desync and they just go about their merry way running off like nothing happened.

Additional information:

I think we really need this clarification as proof that person was tased and the person would know what to roleplay

Here are some major things people don't understand about EMD's that they don't cause a heart attack or what not they are meant to only disable and spasm your muscles incapacitating you.

CAN TASER DEVICES REALLY INCAPACITATE AN ASSAILANT?

Yes. TASER devices utilize "electro-muscular disruption (EMD)" technology. TASER devices use a powerful 50,000 volt electrical signal to completely override the central nervous system and directly control all muscles. This EMD effect causes an uncontrollable contraction of the muscle tissue, allowing the TASER device to physically debilitate a target regardless of pain tolerance or mental focus. TASER devices are specifically designed to stop even the most elite, aggressive, and focused combatants. Rather than simply interfering with communication between the brain and muscles, TASER EMD systems directly tell the muscles what to do, resulting in muscle spasms, until the target is in the fetal position on the ground. The TASER device provides for maximum safety for both the user and the assailant by bringing dangerous situations quickly under control before force escalates to lethal levels. There have been hundreds of reports that TASER devices disabled attackers and probably saved the owner's life.

HOW DOES A TASER DEVICE WORK?

Upon firing, compressed nitrogen projects two probes 15 feet at a speed of 180 feet per second. An electrical signal transmits through the region where the probes make contact with the body or clothing. The result is an instant loss of the attacker’s neuromuscular control and any ability to perform coordinated actions. It uses an automatic timing mechanism to apply the electric charge. This cycle ensures that the nervous system of the target does not recover instantly to allow him to remove the probes. If you are a law enforcement official, this gives you a chance to place the target under custody. If you are a citizen, simply pull the gun back, run, then call the police. It is highly unlikely the assailant will be able to walk, much less run after you.

DOES THE TASER DEVICE AFFECT THE HEART OR A CARDIAC PACEMAKER?

The TASER’s output is well below the level established as "safe" by the federal government in approving such devices as the electrified cattle fence. In a medical study of electronic stun guns, Dr. Robert Stratbucker of the University of Nebraska Medical Center confirmed that the T-Wave does not interrupt the heartbeat or damage a pacemaker. Any modern pacemaker is designed to withstand electrical defibrillator pulses that are hundreds of times stronger than the TASER device's output. The TASER device current of 0.3 joules is well below the 10-50 joule threshold above which cardiac ventricular fibrillation can occur.

WHAT ARE THE AFTER EFFECTS?

A person hit with a TASER device will feel dazed for several minutes. The pulsating electrical output causes involuntary muscle contractions and a resulting sense of vertigo. It can momentarily stun or render an attacker unconscious, yet the TASER’s low electrical amperage and short duration of pulsating current ensures a non-lethal charge. Moreover, it does not cause permanent damage or long-term aftereffects to muscles, nerves or other body functions. A January 1987 Annals of Emergency Medicine study reported TASER technology leaves no long-term injuries compared with 50% long-term injuries for gunshot injuries.

Edited by Archix
  • Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...
  • Maple locked this topic