Mentioned this in the past. Add a fewer bots for environmental activities,

Los Santos blimp,

Untitled.png

San Andreas train,

Untitled.png

Edited by Ingram
Guest Ingram
2 minutes ago, exlrouter said:

I'd like this, would be a cool way to travel. Can the blimps be player controlled? 

Blimps are driveable, although can be monitored like the animals to be used as a bot.

They're not being sold in game, I'd prefer an actual player to fly it but nobody is going to fly around for hours and it will disappear.

Edited by Ingram

I don't support this idea.

As it stands - every person you see is a real player who you can interact with. If we start establishing bots this will change and this will ruin the immersion.

I can see things going wrong if you establish a system like this. Imagine for example this is established, now we got trains and blimps, cool.

Fast forward to when the server grows more popular, LSIA is established, a trained pilot is taxi-ing his Boeing plane onto a runway to fly off. He roleplays the whole thing, communicating with the ATC, finally, they take off - it's amazing. People look up in the sky, they see the plane and they know it's real people. And then boom, out of nowhere it's a blimp! The pilot didn't see it because he was playing in first-person for added challenge and realism, the ATC didn't see it because the blimp is an NPC and doesn't communicate with other players, and then after the whole situation is pretty much ruined over an NPC and it has to be voided. All for what? So that you can look up in the sky and see a lifeless, pointless blimp?

Or another example - much more prevalent. Say a car runs out of fuel on the rail tracks, cops arrive and they can't stop the train because there is no scripted way to do so. Now they have to rush roleplay, roleplay sub-parly just so they can get the car off the tracks quickly enough. Or maybe the person inside the car doesn't roleplay his injuries to the fullest extent because he doesn't want to be rammed by an NPC train. Better yet, what happened on other roleplay servers with NPC trains was that criminals would love to end their chases on railroad tracks, so they'd be killed by the train and got out of serving jailtime.

Guest Ingram
Just now, UseroneGaming said:

I don't support this idea.

As it stands - every person you see is a real player who you can interact with. If we start establishing bots this will change and this will ruin the immersion.

I can see things going wrong if you establish a system like this. Imagine for example this is established, now we got trains and blimps, cool.

Fast forward to when the server grows more popular, LSIA is established, a trained pilot is taxi-ing his Boeing plane onto a runway to fly off. He roleplays the whole thing, communicating with the ATC, finally, they take off - it's amazing. People look up in the sky, they see the plane and they know it's real people. And then boom, out of nowhere it's a blimp! The pilot didn't see it because he was playing in first-person for added challenge and realism, the ATC didn't see it because the blimp is an NPC and doesn't communicate with other players, and then after the whole situation is pretty much ruined over an NPC and it has to be voided. All for what? So that you can look up in the sky and see a lifeless, pointless blimp?

Or another example - much more prevalent. Say a car runs out of fuel on the rail tracks, cops arrive and they can't stop the train because there is no scripted way to do so. Now they have to rush roleplay, roleplay sub-parly just so they can get the car off the tracks quickly enough. Or maybe the person inside the car doesn't roleplay his injuries to the fullest extent because he doesn't want to be rammed by an NPC train. Better yet, what happened on other roleplay servers with NPC trains was that criminals would love to end their chases on railroad tracks, so they'd be killed by the train and got out of serving jailtime.

You're missing the concept here, that's like replacing the 24/7 sellers with real players. Nobody is going to fly a blimp or drive a train for hours, therefore making bots will raise the global activity of realism. I understand you may have low imagination but try to decipher this - jobs that doesn't bring any much of role play may be replaced with bots, like a 24/7 seller.

7 minutes ago, Ingram said:

You're missing the concept here, that's like replacing the 24/7 sellers with real players.

There are no NPCs in 24/7's, and I strictly remember people roleplaying being clerks - this is a passive role that people CAN fill if they desire to do so. Operating a train or a blimp aren't passive roles, those roles can cause havoc if they aren't communicating with emergency services or ATC, and they serve no practical purpose when operated by NPCs.

Nobody is going to fly a blimp or drive a train for hours,

Nobody needs to, we are roleplaying in Los Santos and there's very little if any traffic, and that's okay because we know how to roleplay and we know how to interpret real life. I'd much rather look around me and be able to interact with everyone than having to search for a tiny amount of real players among a crowd of NPCs.

therefore making bots will raise the global activity of realism.

"Global activity of realism", if you want the game to look realistic I suggest you play Grand Theft Auto V single-player. By far the most realistic sandbox game out there. I'd much rather have all of the "global activity of realism" be carried out by real people I know I can interact with.

I understand you may have low imagination but try to decipher this - jobs that doesn't bring any much of role play may be replaced with bots, like a 24/7 seller.

If you think you cannot roleplay being a blimp pilot or a train operator, you're seriously mistaken. I have quite a bit of imagination, and I'd like to not be limited in the actions I can perform with other characters around me. If those characters are "non-players", then I cannot interact with them, and that jeopardizes the whole point of having a roleplay server.

Edited by UseroneGaming