Price reduction of apartments (+ 1 additional change)

Aquila

Short description: Price reduction - apartments

Detailed description: The price of an average house with 250k storage is like, $100k-$125k? Sometimes more? The price of an apartment with 400% less storage is ~60% less in price. I could be completely wrong about the prices, but it's not really reasonable. Apartments should be cheaper, realistically, because they have a small amount of space available inside, and small storage. Apartments set a good foundation for exterior RP, and thus they should not cost so much for what they are. 

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It'll increase apartment RP, and overall exterior RP, which we desperately need for the server to feel more alive.

Additional information: An issue I can think of is people requesting refunds. 

The additional change I'm asking for is remove taxation for 3rd property purchases, though that might be pushing it. Thoughts?

Edited by Aquila
52 minutes ago, exlrouter said:

They recently increased it to two properties before you get taxed, doubt it'll be changed to three anytime soon.

Yeah probably not, worth asking though.

I also realised that some apartments are actually cheaper. Some range from $35k to $85k, but it depends on area I guess? Still though, $85k for an apartment is rather steep, in a low-income area anyway. 

I've discussed changing apartment prices with norrig when we were working on Vespucci, we will look into the prices more.

And no, we don't need to remove 3rd house taxes, people don't use houses for RP, they use houses to make money, this system is preventing them from spamming houses and then reselling for more. No way.

Guest Ingram

I already mentioned this is fucked up, maybe around trillion times. More organisation is strictly required.

Edited by Ingram
  • 5 weeks later...
On 18/05/2018 at 10:18 AM, Makkebakke said:

Can you give any examples of what you think are overpriced apartments? I think 60k - 100k for varying locations and interior-quality is perfectly fine.

Some cost $70k to $80k, when really they should be like $40k or $50k at max.

23 hours ago, Granger-mayne said:

I for one have gotten one twice because (don't ask why) and they are EXTREMELY over priced. $50k is the most I actually want to pay but the spot is where all my stuff is.

The storage space available isn't justifiable for the price really. They should be severely lowered, especially when these types of housing encourage better quality RP.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:06 AM, Lance said:

I've discussed changing apartment prices with norrig when we were working on Vespucci, we will look into the prices more.

And no, we don't need to remove 3rd house taxes, people don't use houses for RP, they use houses to make money, this system is preventing them from spamming houses and then reselling for more. No way.

That's a broad statement, my primary rp takes place in houses. I have no reason to send one of my characters to stand in a parking lot all day when they have a house.