Donation +100% bonus : We need your help!

Most of you know that we very rarely request for donations to support the server, even If we do not cover the RUN cost. I always said that paying from my own pockets was not only my duty as a server owner but that a low amount of donations will never prevent GTA World to live.

While I have enough on my side thanks to my IRL work to cover the RUN cost of the server, I came back from my vacation with some disturbing news that could become a complete game changer for GTA World or a massive problem If it was not handled.

I informed my entire development team, management and level 3+ administrators of the whole situation as soon as I knew about it, and I have to keep it confidential for now. This event led to two decisions I had to take:

• The purchase of FiveRP, which was already on a critical state due to the destruction of most assets by the former admins that still had rights on the server, was canceled and all funds that were supposed to be used (5000€) to buy it are redirected to that situation.
  • I initiated a bonus of +100% world points for all purchases until June 1st, in order to boost the sale of world points before June, as I will need your donations to receive more funds to help the server with this issue.

I always try to be as transparent as I can and I hate having to remain confidential on that, but 20+ people will be able to vouch for the emergency need of donations in order to help not only GTAW, but the entire GTA Roleplay community. The end result will definitely be more than worth it and lead to great improvements for our community & the RP scene in general for GTA 5.

I have been able to collect out of my personal funds almost enough to fix the issue, so do not feel forced to donate. GTAW will survive without your donations and I will still solve the problem without a huge donation increase for this month. But for once, any donation will drastically help me on a personal level as I am involving myself financially very far in this, so I any help will be extremely helpful for me!

Edit 3: 

The reason is now officially listed by the second party: https://gt-mp.net/forum/thread/4127-change-is-in-the-air/

However I will drop some explanation here:

Why is it mandatory for me to become owner of GTMP in order to save all GTMP servers? The other day when I came back from vacations, I learned that Julice was looking to buy GTMP and offered 30.000EUR. A bid that I would never be able to afford and It completely killed me inside to know that the person that has been attacking us and all GTMP spanish servers for one year could get his hands on GTMP and thus destroy it.

I had a long talk with DurtyFree, owner of GTMP who explained me that it would also kill him to sell it to Julice as GTMP was more than a year of hard work for him, and the entire development team would also leave. He knew that GTMP would die If he accepted this offer.

I don't know many people that would decline 30,000EUR and accept a 8000EUR offer, however DurtyFree was one of them after a long discussion with his team. I was invited in his internal groups to introduce myself and my plans for GTMP, and the development team decided to support our offer.

As I explained them, If there was any other available bidder that would have the same plans and values for GTMP I would definitely let him take the ownership, but there is none. What are these short term plans and values?

-No monetization : GTMP will remain as it is now.

-No major structure change: The current team has the experience of the project, Hardy will be the main project manager.

-C0nnex will become lead developer and main maintainer of the mod. He is a very talented developer who also spends a huge amount of time helping every server owners, and has been the main maintainer of GTMP on 0.7.

-The development team will open its recruitment and developers will be trained

-I will also focus on fixing the priority issues of GTMP in order to help C0nnex, which are crashes, FPS and optimizations.

As for GTAW this also means a complete change of indirect exposure for us obviously. I am working hard in order to restructure the entire development team and not be alone anymore on GTAW development, so that we can keep having more and more updates while I can also improve GTMP.

I want to thanks everyone for their support in these donations and hope that you will continue to help us know that you know the importance of this: If julice had his hands on GTMP, we would be blacklisted and GTAW would be closed, same for every other competitors he could have. I want to thanks once again DurtyFree for being one of these rare persons truly caring about their projects.

Edit 1: We are accepting cryptocurrency donations, but it needs to be done manually so you can PM me on Discord to get the wallet ID.

Edit 2: As multiple of you asked, I am adding a manual donation goal on the thread so you all know how far we are.

By canceling the 5000€ to FiveRP, I need 3000€ more to reach 8000€ for this project.

I don't expect at all to reach 3000€, but this is the end goal and I already thank you all for any help:

1225/3000€

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 18
  • Applaud 3

Well... transparency says to tell us what the big game changer is.

I don't want this server to die. But I also want to be informed on anything that could be damaging to it, and therefor, excuse any donation I would make. 

Edited by Samuel
6 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Well... transparency says to tell us what the big game changer is.

I don't want this server to die. But I also want to be informed on anything that could be damaging to it, and therefor, excuse any donation I would make. 

I understand that, and I will keep the bonus up few days after I can reveal it so people that don't want to donate before it's fully revealed will most likely still have few hours / 1 or 2 days to donate. However It is involving many, many people around the table and it is very sensitive for the roleplay scene of not only GTAW & GTMP, which is why I cannot talk about it. But on a GTAW scale it will mean a complete change of status about who we are, and our role.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Nervous said:

I understand that, and I will keep the bonus up few days after I can reveal it so people that don't want to donate before it's fully revealed will most likely still have few hours / 1 or 2 days to donate. However It is involving many, many people around the table and it is very sensitive for the roleplay scene of not only GTAW & GTMP, which is why I cannot talk about it. But on a GTAW scale it will mean a complete change of status about who we are, and our role.

In that case, these funds must be managed smartly. You have my donation. 

• Nervous locked this topic
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic