Was Paleto Bay a good idea?

Aquila

Paleto Bay - hot, or not?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Aquila said:

Paleto Bay isn't exactly country though. It has a factory and upper-class housing with some run-down buildings, that's it.

If anything, Paleto Bay is pretty privileged. It's the only part of Blaine County that isn't completely desert-like.

Who said country people have to be poor and underprivileged? Fun fact, most people in the country do not, in fact, live in trailers.

• 1 month later...

It can only be Los Santos City OR The rest of the island , not BOTH. Even in LSRP on SAMP where there was 3-4 times more players and the map was a lot smaller - the small towns were generally empty, unless a faction/business spawned there. 

Small town will always gonna stay the places where gangsters go to rob people. Trucker script and all the other similar scripts will make the county side more active for maximum 1 and a half months. 

People usually do not treat the scripted jobs as part of their character development , they are just means to make money and then RP a rich Bentley driving miner :D

Paleto should be left where it is right now. As someone already said Sheriff's Department is a thing and how things look right now it makes sense to have it where it is right now and how it is right now. There's nothing to change.

8 hours ago, Mikee said:

Paleto should be left where it is right now. As someone already said Sheriff's Department is a thing and how things look right now it makes sense to have it where it is right now and how it is right now. There's nothing to change.

Sheriff's Department is no longer a thing. 

Paleto Bay wasn't bad - sure we had down-sides due to the client restrictions - but now that's changed. We had pretty decent activity and RP in Paleto with 90 people online, now we've been hitting over 130 - and still growing. It was neat , and it was great having Sheriff's Department - brought more life to the entire community, otherwise...what's the point having all the jobs so spread out, if lawmen can't respond to those 911's that far out. Kinda goofy having PD drive all the way from city to handle calls..

Paleto was great way to promote the community, we spiked up playerbase pretty quickly once that happened and hunting system - and we should bring Sheriff's back without a doubt.

I find it annoying that when people were confined to LS they complained about not having a choice of where to go, now we have so much more choice we have people like the OP complaining about it being too much. It would be nice if people could be grateful for a change. Personally I love the variety of county vs city life, it makes the map feel a bit more alive even when it's quiet due to the simple fact these places have an actual purpose IG. I think the server is in a good place now to keep Paleto, the more variety the better.

Edited by Moonsong

If the server had a higher pop yeah, It's actually good seeing people roleplay in the surrounding areas of Strawberry for once. GTA V isn't a small map. It's big. Having people scattered all over offers barely any roleplay.  That's just my two cents anyway.

• Upvote 1
On 23/05/2018 at 3:56 PM, Rensai said:

Who said country people have to be poor and underprivileged? Fun fact, most people in the country do not, in fact, live in trailers.

On what planet does Paleto Bay give the country vibe?

On 24/06/2018 at 5:40 PM, Yabbu said:

It can only be Los Santos City OR The rest of the island , not BOTH. Even in LSRP on SAMP where there was 3-4 times more players and the map was a lot smaller - the small towns were generally empty, unless a faction/business spawned there. 

Small town will always gonna stay the places where gangsters go to rob people. Trucker script and all the other similar scripts will make the county side more active for maximum 1 and a half months. 

People usually do not treat the scripted jobs as part of their character development , they are just means to make money and then RP a rich Bentley driving miner :D

On SAMP there could be 600 players on, but only the eastern half of Los Santos would be populated, while the remainder are in Tierra Robada. San Fierro would be a barren wasteland except for random RP.

Even with 70-130 players, it's not enough to fill even half of Los Santos. Expanding to Paleto Bay is nonsense, even today. Trucking job will not save Paleto Bay, the same way hunting had no impact other than maybe 1 week of trying it out.

On 24/06/2018 at 8:20 PM, Pacanaz said:

When the hunting is re-implemented again it will be catch back up, don't remove it :D

No. Paleto Bay was overhyped, and hunting couldn't save it. It was popular for a week because it was a new thing, but then it was empty for a long time. We could all keep telling ourselves "it'll be populated once something is scripted" but we've seen that this is simply not a true outlook. 

17 hours ago, Moonsong said:

I find it annoying that when people were confined to LS they complained about not having a choice of where to go, now we have so much more choice we have people like the OP complaining about it being too much. It would be nice if people could be grateful for a change. Personally I love the variety of county vs city life, it makes the map feel a bit more alive even when it's quiet due to the simple fact these places have an actual purpose IG. I think the server is in a good place now to keep Paleto, the more variety the better.

"Confined" to LS? With all due respect to you as a fellow player, I think you're greatly underestimating how big Los Santos county is. Even Los Santos city is massive. You could say I'm complaining, but a lot of players know as much as I do that 3/4 of LS is empty. The only places you'd find more than 3 people would be south LS, or northeast LS. Rarely will you find people in west LS. 130 players will not be able to populate 1/4 of Los Santos, so how does it make sense to populate the other side of this enormous map?

If people want county life, they can experience it in Sandy Shores. Paleto Bay is pretty much an urbanised industrial area, which can easily be found in Los Santos. There is hardly anything remotely country about Paleto Bay except for a chicken factory.

5 hours ago, $CAR said:

If the server had a higher pop yeah, It's actually good seeing people roleplay in the surrounding areas of Strawberry for once. GTA V isn't a small map. It's big. Having people scattered all over offers barely any roleplay.  That's just my two cents anyway.

Exactly. The server could have 130 players on but you could drive around and find practically nobody because people are probably spread out. The map is huge, and as surprising as it may be for some people, 130 players is not a lot, and it especially isn't enough to populate a county as vast as Los Santos.

If the server was based only in Blaine County, then yes, it could work out. For now though, no.