Lose of a pet

Guest Ingram

Guest Ingram

2 days ago lost my beloved cat after 10 years, she had a bone cancer. I really can't stop crying for the past 48 hours, I cry and I lay on my bed and can do nothing but just cry, it's so hard, I barley can walk, I feel like my life is over, I don't eat, I barley can drink. Have you experienced this? I was never so much heart broken in my life, just looking at the places she used to lay i'm so destroyed. 

the doctor said she can go a surgery but she will suffer and probably won't walk. he said best decision is to put her to sleep. I feel like I could do more, I never felt this way in my life, im so destroyed..

Edited by Ingram

Never had a pet, but you always need to think before you get one. If I ever get one I understand that yes, I will get attached to it and love it. But I also understand that pets don't live as long as humans do, so there's 90% chance that you will have to see your beloved pet die or just have a bad illness and suffer. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but there's nothing you can do.

My friend also lost a pet, yes it is sad but he got a new one and he does not seem to be that sad anymore, because he knew what he's signing up for when he got his dog in the first place. Honestly I think that the older you are the easier it is to get over it, so if 12 yo kid has to see his fluffy friend die, it would be much worse than if that kid was 20.

If I were you I'd not want to see my pet suffer, especially if it can't even walk after that, just choose a painless way to go for it.

Edited by Lance
On 5/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, Lance said:

Never had a pet, but you always need to think before you get one. If I ever get one I understand that yes, I will get attached to it and love it. But I also understand that pets don't live as long as humans do, so there's 90% chance that you will have to see your beloved pet die or just have a bad illness and suffer. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but there's nothing you can do.

My friend also lost a pet, yes it is sad but he got a new one and he does not seem to be that sad anymore, because he knew what he's signing up for when he got his dog in the first place. Honestly I think that the older you are the easier it is to get over it, so if 12 yo kid has to see his fluffy friend die, it would be much worse than if that kid was 20.

If I were you I'd not want to see my pet suffer, especially if it can't even walk after that, just choose a painless way to go for it.

Ingram is crying because he lost his cat and you wanna talk about yourself? Maybe a "you're in my prayers" would suffice.

You're in my prayers, Ingram. Your cat is at peace now.

Edited by Portz
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Late said:

I was mortified when my goldfish died.

must be harsh.

so sorry to hear about your cat, i cant imagine the shit ill go through when my dog's day will come, lately hes injured himself and i had to take him to the vet and he went thru a surgery, had to watch it all not a beautiful sight after i checked up on my dog twenty four seven. hope u get better dude

my condolences buddy, such is the cycle of life, unfortunately- some species have shorter time than we do. there is however one exceptional way to overcome your sadness: get a new pet

as crazy as this sounds, it will heal you beyond imagination. please consider adopting a new pet

(not for the faint hearted)

Spoiler

Edited by Bloodseeker
  • 1 month later...