Make /seatbelt unenforceable by PD

Do you agree with the suggestion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I understand /sb was made so that it stops people from being flown out of cars, that's fine. However it's pretty silly IMO when the PD can pull you over and give you a 2.5k ticket because you haven't done the command. 

A lot of players might not even know the command exists and making you RP putting on your seatbelt everytime is an annoyance and does not add anything to RP other than giving the police a reason to ticket you. 

Putting on your seatbelt in real life is an instinctive thing, on par with putting the key in your ignition or closing your car door, which thankfully we aren't forced to RP. So why are we being forced to type an extra command everytime we drive our cars. 

What's worse is you can't even RPly say your seat-belt is on in a traffic stop unless you did /sb with out the LSPD then calling you a liar OOCly. 

Thoughts?

EDIT - Added a poll for statistical benefits. 

Edited by Late

The best solution would be a toggle-able auto-seatbelt when you enter the car, if for some reason you don't want to have a seatbelt on.

The vast majority of the people the vast majority of the time would want a seatbelt on for the IC reasoning of the police and the OOC one of not wanting to be killed by desync, but it's pretty hard to remember to do OOCly so it would make sense to it just to be done automatically when entering the vehicle. 

I /sb by reflex every time I enter a car, but I legit cbf to /me it every time (especially if I'm by myself) and I certainly don't screenshot it (that would be really a new whole level of dumb, to have people screenshot when they start their car and /sb)

So it would definitely lead to some pretty dumb interactions with PD =/ Not sure about the whole thing to be honest. 

Edited by Topinambour
6 minutes ago, Atiku said:

The vast majority of the people the vast majority of the time would want a seatbelt on for the IC reasoning of the police and the OOC one of not wanting to be killed by desync, but it's pretty hard to remember to do OOCly so it would make sense to it just to be done automatically when entering the vehicle. 

This is what i'm saying, you're being ICly punished for not remembering to do an OOC command and it's RETARDED

This has happened to me in game, I was driving at highspeeds down vinewood, the cop pulled me over and using the seatbelt thing he was able to give 3 warnings on my license with ease.

I personally don’t remember to type /sb whenever I get in a car. I did try give the excuse of taking it off when I pulled over, the cop insisted that I didn’t have it on, even though I was driving at 130mph and realistically I doubt he’d be able to noticed if I had a seatbelt on whilst driving. 

Edited by exlrouter