Make /seatbelt unenforceable by PD

Do you agree with the suggestion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Froge said:

Just follow laws. Everyone wants to remove law enforcement power and nobody wants to roleplay. If we're taking out the seatbelt law we should make it to where you don't fly out when you crash into stuff.

"just follow the laws"

You are missing the point. I don't understand why MOST PEOPLE would want to RP not having their seatbelt on, I think most people wear their seatbelt in the real world. I have NO reason for my character not to wear it, yet from an OOC point of view it's a hassle having to remember to type /sb all the time and then you end up being forced to RP that you didn't have your seatbelt on when it would make no sense. You get it right?

I understand your points, but I don't agree with them. It's not difficult to type /sb while you start getting into your vehicle, it takes not even a second. You don't even have to roleplay it as it does an /ame command automatically. If you start doing it from now on you might have it as an automatic reflex and let's be honest here, it's the same when you get into your car IRL, the first thing you do is putting on your seatbelt. 

15 minutes ago, Robby said:

it's the same when you get into your car IRL, the first thing you do is putting on your seatbelt. 

Do you really assume everyone puts on their seatbelt?

Besides that, if it was toggle-able auto-seatbelt, no one would be getting any fines.

So I think it should stay as it is.

6 minutes ago, Shardrox said:

Besides that, if it was toggle-able auto-seatbelt, no one would be getting any fines.

I have never said that, but according to what you just said everyone should be held accountable for not wearing one and I agree with that. It is really fine as it is.

For those who are aware that seatbelts are a thing, but forget to put it on because it's a 'hassle' to type /sb when you enter a vehicle, you're the ones who decide to enter a vehicle, turn the engine on and then drive off. If you don't put your seatbelt on, that's your own fault. Plus, it's not even a case of typing the command, I'm willing to bet that nobody /me puts their seatbelt on, either. However, I would suggest implementing it into the road test you're required to do before obtaining a drivers license.

That's just my opinion on the matter.

Edited by Taunky

Implementing it in the road test is a good idea yeah. Now, again the issue is mostly "how do you prove to the cops that you actually typed /sb"?

(of course that's not even considering "what kind of good / engaging RP is created by being pulled over for a seat belt violation, but that's another matter)

I think that it should be toggleable auto-done, because most people do it by reflex in real life instead of having to manually type out a command EVERY time they want to get in and out of the vehicle.  If you leave seatbelting disabled, then that's your problem when the cops find you, but let's be real it's a reflex and should be assumed to be the default state, not the other way around (IMO).

The solution here is very easy. Bind /sb to a key. Believe me you'll simply press it as a reflex pretty quick. I don't even know what key is used to turn on the cars or lock them I only know my hands know the keys.

1 hour ago, Shardrox said:

It sounds like you want police officers to have more duties to do, like fining people for pointless things such as driving without seatbelts.

I do believe that seatbelts should be automatically on when you enter. There's no real need for the command since it's not crucial for roleplay or driving. It makes no difference whether you have it on or off, and plus it's just annoying to type more commands when you enter a car. The important thing is that it has no impact on anything, it's just another reason to be fined. 

Not good for roleplay. Remove /sb or make it automated.