Observations and/or Questions from a FiveRPer

9 minutes ago, Jauss said:

People get 5k paychecks until they reach 150k total assets which is more than enough cash to get a proper estate and a middle-class vehicle.

That's not true for all characters of the player, however. I'm currently on my 4th character and I'm not receiving those $5,000 paychecks despite the fact that my character only has like $25,000 in total assets. The only way to make money is to grind or find a RP job, such as bartending, but those positions don't exactly grow on trees... plus bars and clubs are typically only open for an hour a day, and they hire a maximum of 2 bartenders. So it's rather competitive and only pays that $5,000 once a day.

2 minutes ago, Asesci said:

That's not true for all characters of the player, however. I'm currently on my 4th character and I'm not receiving those $5,000 paychecks despite the fact that my character only has like $25,000 in total assets. The only way to make money is to grind or find a RP job, such as bartending, but those positions don't exactly grow on trees... plus bars and clubs are typically only open for an hour a day, and they hire a maximum of 2 bartenders. So it's rather competitive and only pays that $5,000 once a day.

Well, I have 4 characters as well. - Which is only something I have because I use one of my characters strictly for the supplier program. - Of course you shouldn't get the bonus on that many characters. People will abuse it. Thats why you're not allowed.

But I must say that there are way more jobs than bartending. - Personally we pay construction workers at our business Braxton Building & Construction 3-6k per hour for the work they deliver. 

I mean. Just got to look around. 

1 minute ago, Jauss said:

Well, I have 4 characters as well. - Which is only something I have because I use one of my characters strictly for the supplier program. - Of course you shouldn't get the bonus on that many characters. People will abuse it. Thats why you're not allowed.

But I must say that there are way more jobs than bartending. - Personally we pay construction workers at our business Braxton Building & Construction 3-6k per hour for the work they deliver. 

I mean. Just got to look around. 

First of all, how would people abuse getting the money on their alternative characters? It's not like these characters' assets were linked to each other. People can't just transfer the money, either. That would be bannable without admin permission. Each character is basically their own entity, and, as such, should be treated independently from each other. Because of that, all characters should receive the money.

Second of all, not every character is suited for construction work. Or bartending, or anything else like that, for that matter. There are different reasons for that. For one, the character may be confined to a wheelchair and therefore has no way of working those kind of jobs. For two, the character may be very old, and as such is not suited for work. There are a plethora of other reasons, as well, and the current system isn't really taking that into account.

7 minutes ago, Asesci said:

First of all, how would people abuse getting the money on their alternative characters? It's not like these characters' assets were linked to each other. People can't just transfer the money, either. That would be bannable without admin permission. Each character is basically their own entity, and, as such, should be treated independently from each other. Because of that, all characters should receive the money.

Second of all, not every character is suited for construction work. Or bartending, or anything else like that, for that matter. There are different reasons for that. For one, the character may be confined to a wheelchair and therefore has no way of working those kind of jobs. For two, the character may be very old, and as such is not suited for work. There are a plethora of other reasons, as well, and the current system isn't really taking that into account.

It has been abused. I will not go into details. Its also getting close to impossible to do it now, since we got very aware of certain issues. 

- You were the one who used the argument as bartending being the only job, not me. Im simply letting you know that there are more opportunities, speaking from my own experiences. There are many more ways of earning. Just be creative.  

4 minutes ago, Jauss said:

It has been abused. I will not go into details. Its also getting close to impossible to do it now, since we got very aware of certain issues. 

If it is close to impossible to do now, can the 5k paychecks be brought back for new characters? It doesn't make sense that new characters should be delayed getting into RP compared to the first ones.

- You were the one who used the argument as bartending being the only job, not me. Im simply letting you know that there are more opportunities, speaking from my own experiences. There are many more ways of earning. Just be creative.  

I was actually criticizing the job in my two previous messages. It was first brought up by someone else as a "viable" method to earn money. I personally disagree with that, given that the job can only be performed at a certain time and only once or perhaps twice a day. Generally, it's not worth it when you can easily make $10,000 an hour by delivering goods, without having to do tedious /me's constantly. (Not that doing /me's in general would be a bad thing. I'm personally all for quality role-play. Emphasis on the word quality.)

My argument is that there should be an actually viable method to earn money, at least up to a certain point, without having to do any tedious work for it. And without sacrificing one's time away from role-playing. So, in an essence, players should be allowed to earn money and role-play at the same time.

Just now, Pascal said:

If it is close to impossible to do now, can the 5k paychecks be brought back for new characters? It doesn't make sense that new characters should be delayed getting into RP compared to the first ones.

Wont happen. We dont encourage players to have so many different characters. Many people think that 1 is enough. So I highly doubt this will ever change. If something will change, its gonna be removing it from the first 3 and make it set to only 1.

However this is simply speculation. Im positive it will never come for 4th and 5th char and so on.

Wont happen. We dont encourage players to have so many different characters. Many people think that 1 is enough. So I highly doubt this will ever change. If something will change, its gonna be removing it from the first 3 and make it set to only 1.

However this is simply speculation. Im positive it will never come for 4th and 5th char and so on.

Considering that an additional character slot costs 100 World Points, which translates to 10 euro, I doubt that that many players will be having so many characters. But the ones that do should not be hindered because of that, especially when they have paid said 10 euro to acquire the character slot in the first place.

Also, what's wrong with having multiple characters? I'm personally one of those people who come up with different character concepts on a daily basis. I obviously can't execute all of my ideas, but I'd at least like to execute the ones that seemed important to me. Which is why I purchased the additional character slot. Limiting the amount of characters basically limits creativity. My creativity blossoms, hence I want to try and do different things on different characters. Besides, we can't all role-play a jack-of-all-trades type of character, who just happens to be a mechanic, a taxi driver, a courier, occasionally a bartender, and a lawyer on the weekends.

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Jauss said:

This is a short term mindset.

Think about it this way - people will not always stick to one RP concept, or a 'main'. When factions die and new factions come up, people will want to create new characters for them. If these new factions don't have access to the boost at the start, their RP is stagnated, and they have to spend more time not RPing just to be able to be setup.

Another good example to prove that people don't restrict themselves to one character are  RP threads (i.e. @Anesthatic). Look how many different, quality characters have been made by several community members. Why do new ones need to be limited and have to job grind if they want a simple car, for example? I don't think this mentality is the right one for the long term, it's started at 'people were abusing it' and turned into 'players don't need multiple characters', which comes off like a low-effort justification.

Edited by Pascal
  • Upvote 2