Advertisement

Guest Ingram
56 minutes ago, CharlieSimpson said:

Nervous raised the ad price to 500 and people almost instantly complained for it to be brought back down. There should be an increase on the cooldown to post an ad, but I don’t think increasing the cost is a good idea.

It is not a good idea, so if you think strategically, a delay between adverts is the best possible solution.

7 hours ago, Ingram said:

It is not a good idea, so if you think strategically, a delay between adverts is the best possible solution.

A delay wouldn't solve the issue, you're just replacing the problem with another (assuming after the ad posts, you can call to get another ad posted again) by changing how the cooldown works.  I think @Shardrox's suggestion with applying the 10 minutes cooldown for everyone, regardless of donator status, is a better idea.

13 hours ago, Shardrox said:

I mean that no one should have reduced cooldown. Whatever you're a donator or not.

An idea would be to set a cool down of 5 minutes for donators and 7 minutes for the non-donators. In that case they still have an advantage but it's not blocking others from making their advertisements as well. I personally think 10 minutes is too long in case you are hosting an event. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, PandaGaming said:

Just raise the advert price to $300 so people will think twice before advertising so much...

The price isn't the issue. Let's face it, with the government bonuses, $300 is a drop in the ocean for the bigger businesses, and people can post three ads in a row just to get one person inside. And raising the price only hurts the smaller businesses.

My vote is on making a longer cooldown instead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1