friendly words to americans on behalf of europeans

Aquila

This is already obvious but for some reason nobody dared to bring this up. People outside of Western Europe are obviously going to have higher ping to the server, that's unavoidable. 

People in North America really need to watch how they drive in crowded areas because their pings are usually 100+, and they're more prone to desync than those of us who are in Europe. I get that it's a little unfair, but there really isn't much of a need to zoom past Mirror Park Boulevard at 100mph when your ping is over 100ms anyway. It's a massive issue and it has led to desynced deaths and a lot of crashes. 

We're playing on GTMP, on the open beta client. It doesn't hurt to compensate for the desync issues by slowing down in crowded areas. It's just something I've noticed with people. I've nearly been killed too many times by some people living in Texas (will tag later ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mm) because they got 200 ping or whatever, and they drove incredibly fast. 

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Froge said:

Look man, Texas is the place to live. Put the server in America and the problem is solved.

LOL I forgot you're in TX too, this looks bad I'm sorry. 

I was talking about James Mustaine because he has a massive truck that has killed all of us in our group when we started on the server. I couldn't tag him because I'm on my phone.

edit: Also from what I heard, cowboy culture is basically dead in Texas, therefore it sucks now. Lemme know when cowboys exist again and I'll change my opinion! 

Edited by Aquila
18 minutes ago, FullyCanadian said:

but then europeans got the bad ping and it's the same issue just different players  

It would be a never ending issue. The server's population is predominantly EU based, so i guess it makes sense for it to be based in Western Europe. It sucks for people in California and Australia, but everyone else would be alright. I still do feel that if players know that their pings are high then they shouldn't be zooming past for no reason in populated areas. Half the time I just ride a BMX to alleviate the issue myself, despite having a ping of 10ms (I can literally see France across the water). 

1 hour ago, Froge said:

Look man, Texas is the place to live. Put the server in America and the problem is solved.

1 minute ago, James Mustaine said:

@Froge is right, @Serenity and @EliH care to weigh in? 

Agreed. Just place it in Texas, as long as it's not West Texas. We'll need bigger servers though, as everything's bigger down here in Texas ;).

Edited by EliH

9 hours ago, James Mustaine said:

@Froge is right, @Serenity and @EliH care to weigh in? 

says the one who has killed 50 people with their guardian >:(

9 hours ago, EliH said:

Agreed. Just place it in Texas, as long as it's not West Texas. We'll need bigger servers though, as everything's bigger down here in Texas ;).

you guys are so far away from everywhere else tho

:/