The Real Estate

Guest Ingram

On 5/17/2018 at 7:30 PM, Lance said:

That Vespucci opening went well, although there's one thing that didn't go well. People did not buy houses for RP, which should be their main purpose. Most of the houses bought were high/mid end, which means there's a bigger chance to sell it, which means people bought houses just to re-sell them for more, now that's a problem. I started seeing ads about ''House for rent'' and ''House for sale'' the next day after Vespucci opening. Sadly we can't do anything about it, large percentage of the server cares about virtual currency more than RP quality, which is sad.

I feel as though the rest of the houses in the Vespucci area should be applied for on the forums so people who actually want to RP can purchase a house rather than having the job-grinding vultures come in and seize up the rest of the houses as there's still a good few mid-high tier houses that haven't been added.

The apps should mean that the player is charged the same amount as they would be IG but it would allow the remaining houses to be distributed on an RP basis, rather than a first come first served basis. It wouldn't be a case of having to say "I will be roleplaying with my house 24/7" but it would allow property management to guarantee that not all the houses were brought out by generic "rich" characters who want to jack up the prices and sell them on without ever RPing in the house and would ensure RPers could houses rather than property investors and their friends.

This raises the question of how do you judge if someone for their RP? You don't have to too much really, the simple existance of the application process hopefully means that people would hog these properties up because then sell them because they'd had to apply for them and this would mean that there'd possibly be repercussions for claiming your character would RP loads with a house and then flogging it for double the price the next day, as people did with the current houses.

This obviously isn't a perfect solution, but when the rest of the Vespucci houses are added the same vulturing and people prioritising a virtual currency over RP will happen again if it's done in the same way, at least in my opinion.

Edited by Atiku
  • Upvote 2
Guest Ingram

@Atiku, I didn't fully understand your idea, if you meant for players to apply for a house on the forum or place a bidding on it then I may have to disagree. The current method is fine, but I'd definitely recommend to increase the MP for players who already own a house if they purchase a second property (if it's not exists here it's bad), although I'd recommend for the property management to be a little bit more organised and not "Here, going to add more houses, come and get it", and set random MP but instead discuss this on forum which is logical price for a house and then within a server's update just add them without announcing but note it on the update log. This is clean, organised and fair work.

Edited by Ingram
10 minutes ago, Ingram said:

@Atiku, I didn't fully understand your idea, if you meant for players to apply for a house on the forum or place a bidding on it then I may have to disagree. The current method is fine, but I'd definitely recommend to increase the MP for players who already own a house if they purchase a second property (if it's not exists here it's bad), although I'd recommend for the property management to be a little bit more organised and not "Here, going to add more houses, come and get it", and set random MP but instead discuss this on forum which is logical price for a house and then within a server's update just add them without announcing but note it on the update log.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying bid for them on the forums with cash, I'm saying that there should be a post saying "this house his for sale and here's the cost" and then people would submit applications for the houses OOCly to buy them, because as a result of the demand, if they're just put in game they'll be snapped up in minutes for people to flog. I definately feel there should be a cap on how much you can resell a house for or a tax on resale profits which basically renders it not worth the time or money to do as you'd gain a few $1,000 at best from good houses like the ones in Vespucci Canals alongside it.

Edited by Atiku

Let me give my take on "the real estate" situation. I'll be sure to keep it short and sweet but I'll also try to express a bit more at the same time.  Confusing, yeah.

I've already suggested that housing should alternatively be requested on the forums where I've even made a suggestion that goes about doing just that. The housing market, in my opinion and through my own eyes, is a monopoly game. But it's supposed to be like that, I'm sorry to disagree with the majority here but that's how realtors make their money, and I can tell you I've roleplayed accordingly when it came to selling a property. Yes, I did it in spite for a buck, but anyone who's in the business to make money off properties IC'ly does that. That's how its supposed to work. 

I'm tired of the negativity to virtual currencies in a OOC medium, keep it IC. It's nothing but just banter that's unneeded. Not just this thread, but in general.

@Ingram gave a perfect solution to all of this, I am all for something like this. It does prevent inflation that will occur later down the line.

My concern is simply just with how housing is selected and put down, and a bit of the pricing but that's being improved as I saw how the canal homes were priced and to say the least, I didn't expect it to be that low. I think if players have the money, then by all means, you would ACTUALLY be getting even more players to live in Vespucci, thus making it a more populated area, which is the goal right? Though I partially like what @Atiku had to say, but his idea needs tuning. 

• 1 year later...

Real Estate here is almost as expensive GTA:O honeslty, especially due to cutback in past updates and taxes (which is theft let me remind you) When I started, I was earning 5000 a week working as a mechanic, and I went as hard as possible with the RP, but even due to renting, im only walking away with 492. Its simply not enough. They should consider increasing the payout for ACTIVE Buisnesses like Mech Shops and gas Stations, 24/7s, and certain nightclubs ETC

• Applaud 1
7 hours ago, StoryTeller24 said:

Real Estate here is almost as expensive GTA:O honeslty, especially due to cutback in past updates and taxes (which is theft let me remind you) When I started, I was earning 5000 a week working as a mechanic, and I went as hard as possible with the RP, but even due to renting, im only walking away with 492. Its simply not enough. They should consider increasing the payout for ACTIVE Buisnesses like Mech Shops and gas Stations, 24/7s, and certain nightclubs ETC

While you've raised a valid point, I would recommend making a new thread at this point.

This thread is a year old and about an economy that's entirely different, even if you have similar grievances. Going further with a thread this old and different will result in it being extremely unfocused, and would devolve into airing general grievances. In all likelihood, it would not be very productive so I would recommend you start a new and more focused discussion about problems you have on the server today.

• Atiku locked this topic