The Real Estate

Guest Ingram

Guest Ingram

I understand your concern @Jauss

Although I can guarantee you this will happen, even less than in 2 years, you may not understand this now but you will at some point if you'll still be here by that time. The only solution I can see is to set a price limit, there is no alternative solution to it, words are not a solution, people will abuse this fact the economy is high at some point - everybody going to rush buying properties all around the map, then resell them for odd prices and you will barley find something cheap, I promise you that - This will be happening.

You must learn from other server's mistake, that same excuses this will not happen been told on LS:RP as well, they does not simply ditched the problem but made it even worse by putting every property on auction. A flat on LSRP in Vinewood costs nearly 1-2 million, just a flat, without furniture. Do you realize how fucked up their economy? At some point people will buy here from MP for 100,000$ and sell it for 500,000$, the same guy who bought it for 500,000$ will want to sell it at some point and there's no way he will sell it for less than 300,000$ and by the time it will get up to million. 

Take a random example,

This guy bought it for 150,000$ he will profit 150,000$ out of it. The profit is legit, considering perhaps he upgraded the interior et cetera. How much do you think a "real estate agent" or another buyer that want to make a profit will sell it for? That's just the beginning. Want to count on words and do nothing about this now? Watch it coming.

@Ingram 

Mate, don't try and compare LS-RP with GTA World. It's impossible to sound sane in any arguments regarding properties on a server thats been around for 10+ years with an always very poor economy structure, against a newly started server with obviously have a lot of focus on the economy. And hasn't even scratched the surface of the housing market yet.

I started Roleplaying on LS-RP in 2011-2012. At that time prices weren't at all what they are now. And I am having a hard time finding the excuse you're talking about here? No one is mentioning any excuses. Reality is just that as of right now, some properties are worth more. It's completely up to the seller to set his price. 

However if you disagree on that price. Dont buy. It's that simple. We are nowhere near a point where any focus has to be put on properties. They work for their purpose. When we get more people, we add more. We got unlimited property options for the next couple of years, at least. Without a sweat. 

The only issue right now is that you can own a bunch of properties and sell them for 100% MP. There is no extra cost anywhere. And thats a problem. At least for the housing market. Adding back the extra cost would slow down the growth of Real Estate Tycoons for sure. But I don't know if that is gonna happen. 

Inflation is a natural part of the economy, we have lots of different ideas and maybe we will see many more different economy aspects in later major updates. Say in two years time EVERY single house was occupied for some reason and house prices rose, that's natural, it's fine and there aren't always negative consequences to the rising of prices.  You talk about flats in vinewood being x prices on other servers, have you seen London/NYC/Vancouver prices in downtown sought after areas?  

I don't think that there should be a maximum ooc price, that's flawed on so many levels (see above about inflations) we would have to max price everything in the game because the level of money in the economy will likely rise so you will get the opposite problem where properties become ridiculously cheap. 

There will be other better ways we can manage this in an overall comprehensive economic solution and we shouldn't try and find an individual solution in this case rather look at the bigger picture and develop good economic scripts and plans going forward. 

I think a smart solution for this is people need to get real. No matter it being a game or not, there will always be people that are incapable of achieving high enough amounts of currency to buy expensive properties and so forth. By 'getting real', I mean people need to smart up and get their wits on edge...both on the seller and buyer price. If you buy a spot for 150,000 and decide to sell it for 300,000, sure go for it. But if it doesn't have any furniture at all and you're basing it off is what the game itself already provides, such as a pool or any other interesting backyard accessories, then you need to get real. Nobody's going to pay double the price for a house you simply bought off the system and put for sale the next moment. As for the buyer, you need to evaluate the house on your own. Ask for prices of things, inspecting every corner of the spot (both inside and outside), and if the price provided still doesn't fit what you think would be the REAL price, talk it out. If the owner doesn't accept, move on, simple. But if you end up buying for 300k+ a house that's barely worth 150k + 20k of furniture...the owner is one greedy f*ck (pardon my french) and the buyer is either plain desperate, impatient or simply not thinking right.

At least that's my opinion.

Edited by Rougemont

I feel that a simple solution to insane housing prices is by populating other areas instead of Mirror Park. 

A house anywhere but Mirror Park will never increase in price because Mirror Park is basically the established hot spot for people. I've been saying this time and time again that we should expand into Los Santos, but nobody seems to listen. The reason why Mirror Park is so expensive to live in right now is because everyone usually goes there when they're bored.

If you want house prices to be lower, then help make Mirror Park become empty and populate a new area. Del Perro, Davis, La Puerta, Rockford Hills, Vinewood, these are all areas that can be populated and made into hot spots but nobody seems to want to create a social change. 

6 hours ago, Ingram said:

I understand your concern @Jauss

Although I can guarantee you this will happen, even less than in 2 years, you may not understand this now but you will at some point if you'll still be here by that time. The only solution I can see is to set a price limit, there is no alternative solution to it, words are not a solution, people will abuse this fact the economy is high at some point - everybody going to rush buying properties all around the map, then resell them for odd prices and you will barley find something cheap, I promise you that - This will be happening.

You must learn from other server's mistake, that same excuses this will not happen been told on LS:RP as well, they does not simply ditched the problem but made it even worse by putting every property on auction. A flat on LSRP in Vinewood costs nearly 1-2 million, just a flat, without furniture. Do you realize how fucked up their economy? At some point people will buy here from MP for 100,000$ and sell it for 500,000$, the same guy who bought it for 500,000$ will want to sell it at some point and there's no way he will sell it for less than 300,000$ and by the time it will get up to million. 

Take a random example,

This guy bought it for 150,000$ he will profit 150,000$ out of it. The profit is legit, considering perhaps he upgraded the interior et cetera. How much do you think a "real estate agent" or another buyer that want to make a profit will sell it for? That's just the beginning. Want to count on words and do nothing about this now? Watch it coming.

I see nothing wrong with this, he bought the house early on when the population density was low, and now it's higher so the cost of the house is more. It's how it works in real life. Not only that if someone still wanted a house they can get one in  the area for around 150k easily. I just don't see a problem with this. 

Prices will naturally inflate overtime but I agree that something should be done IF the prices become unrealistic (ex. $1 mil for a shit trailer) and make it impossible for players to afford any decent property that would match their character's background/financial situation.  For a solution, idk about making a rule regarding maximum sell prices but it's something to keep in mind as prices continue to increase.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Ingram said:

Like heart465 said, don't tell me I didn't warn you guys.

+ recent added houses around Vespucci has odd prices, atleast most of them, some of them look worse than a Mirror Park house and costs more "because it's probably newer scripted houses" - you guys have lack of logic in understanding in economy, this will end up bad in the future. If nothing will be done about this, please atleast don't fuck up the script MP prices and think twice before you create a new house, it looks like some admin decides to add a new house, do the dynamic /createhouse in game and set up a random price in his mind - it's not suppose to work this way. It shall be organised and disucssed between the administration about setting up a zone of new properties for market price with logical prices and post them within an update and don't go and annoucne them on /o meanwhile you add them, causing a chaos around and everyone driving over each other

Your posts while understandable come across as really passive aggressive. The staff on the server know what they're doing and probably have things in place to prevent the economy on the server from going completely insane. Lets just see how it goes from here. The recent houses they put in Vespucci were very reasonably priced and have been received well. 

• Atiku locked this topic